Independent Focus: PT Anderson

Started by BonBon85, February 07, 2003, 08:30:05 PM

Cecil

maybe the frank tj mackey interview scene in magnolia is pta's way of "confessing"

cowboykurtis

Quote from: EL__SCORCHO
Quote from: cowboykurtisand how do you know this? are you a rich kid that couldnt buy his way in? maybe the kids that couldnt get in wern't rich enough --  enough money can buy you anything.

i didnt have to buy shit, I earned my way in. And a good friend of mine works in the admissions office and this year over 30 thousand kids applied for fall 2003. They can't go by bribe money alone, they've got plenty of kids to choose from. Though Brett Ratner got in through begging I heard, so i guess that says something.

they cant go by bribes alone. but i think if you have enough money you can buy anything...is was playing devil's advocate -- didn't mean to sound like an asshole. what year are you? one of my friends is in NYU's film program.
...your excuses are your own...

BonBon85

Do you like it there? I'm sending in my intention to attend tommorrow.

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: cowboykurtis

they cant go by bribes alone. but i think if you have enough money you can buy anything...is was playing devil's advocate -- didn't mean to sound like an asshole. what year are you? one of my friends is in NYU's film program.

I'm actually not sure what year I'm in. I was a bad student in high school, so I did a year and a half and a few summers at a shitty school and did good there so I could transfer to nyu  I just got in this past semester in january. They still havent put all my previous credits on my record yet. I should be a junior at the end of this term.

To answer Bon Bon's question, I like it here, but I think a lot of people have an attitude problem, maybe it's a NY thing. The school's cool though, there's a lot of student films going on. By working on those you can meet a lot of people who will eventually help you make yours.

BrainSushi

Actually, I think the NYU story is true. I remember reading a Q & A that PTA and Adam Sandler did for PDL at NYU, and the moderator mentioned at the beginning that he'd been a student. I know what she said got a laugh... something like, "A student of ours for two days." Don't remember exactly, but I'm sure she mentioned that he went there.

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: BrainSushiActually, I think the NYU story is true. I remember reading a Q & A that PTA and Adam Sandler did for PDL at NYU, and the moderator mentioned at the beginning that he'd been a student. I know what she said got a laugh... something like, "A student of ours for two days." Don't remember exactly, but I'm sure she mentioned that he went there.

I was there, he told the same story he always tells in interviews and he got a big laugh when the moderator gave him an nyu and he said "it's taken me a long time to wear this fucking hat".