nine inch nails

Started by Sleuth, April 13, 2003, 12:14:43 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwai"only" video
thank ghod. at least he realises it's the only single worth releasing.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I just made an awesome Nine Inch Nails mix that flows pretty well.  I wanted to make it sound like it all belonged on the same album, so I included a bunch of remixes into the mix itself for familiarity in the beats, but if you're into NIN, you hear that the remixes still carry individual sounds, even though they share similar samples.  I did a few cross fades and such to make it closer to perfect, but so far, this is the first part of it (I was thinking of expaning it to 2 discs, maybe including the Closer remixes, Eraser mixes, and/or Perfect Drug mixes)

1 - Starfuckers, Inc (Things Falling Apart)
2 - The Frail (Things Falling Apart)
3 - The Wretched (Things Falling Apart)
4 - The Frail (The Fragile)
5 - The Wretched (The Fragile)
6 - We're In This Together Now (The Fragile)
7 - Reptile (Downward Spiral)
8 - Starfuckers, Inc. (The Fragile)
9 - Mr. Self Destruct (Downward Spiral)
10 - The Art of Self Destruction (Further Down The Spiral)
11 - Self Destruction, pt. 2 (Further Down The Spiral)
12 - Self Destruction, Final (Further Down The Spiral)
13 - At The Heart Of It All (Further Down The Spiral)
14 - Starfuckers Inc (Things Falling Apart)

I know it's just a lot of tracks from the same 4 albums, but in this particular order they create a sort of story in my head when I listen to it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

received a nine inch nails dvd in the mail today. entitled "nin [collected]" it features video clips, live clips and other stuff. i think it's promo to the upcoming dvd release of "closure". it features a bit of the infamous broken "movie". it's pretty wild stuff. the only thing you have to do to recieve this dvd is to sign up at nin.com. the dvd is 22 minutes long and it also features an extensive discography with soundbytes and video clips.

some caps:

RegularKarate

yeah, that pretty-much looks like clips from Closure with bits of Broken thrown in.

I have a few copies of Broken from back when it was floating around without the internet and it's not that impressive... kinda bland.. the only stuff I like in it is the video clips the kid is forced to watch... they look really interesting and I wish that they would have focused more on them than with the Tromaesque torture scenes.

mogwai

Nine Inch Nails drummer Jerome Dillon was hospitalised for the second time following the band's recent show in Sacramento on Wednesday night (September 28 ).

The band were playing at the city's Arco Arena when the incident occurred.

Frontman Trent Reznor posted on the band's official website www.nin.com , saying: "As I'm walking to the bus to leave Sacramento as soon as I can, I learn Jerome
is back in the hospital. I have no idea what this means."

A press statement issued yesterday read: "Dillon is returning to Los Angeles immediately to undergo tests for problems related to a heart condition discovered earlier this month while on tour."

The band were forced to cut short the opening show of their current US tour in San Diego on September 16 when Dillon suffered a medical emergency.

Speaking to crowd, Reznor said: "Here's what's up, no bullshit. Jerome came to me and said, 'My heart is pounding and I'm having chest pains'. We're all kind of freaked out back here."

The drummer was unable to continue with the rest of the show and it was postponed until November 20. The next night's gig in Tucson, Arizona was also cancelled.

However, Dillon later posted on the band's website saying "Fatigue and exhaustion are to blame for what happened with me the other night. Incidentally, I did not experience 'chest pains'- but I did spend the night at the hospital for observation. I received a clean bill of health the next morning and could not get back on the bus fast enough."

Nine Inch Nails have been forced to postpone tonight's show at Oakland's Coliseum, which will now take place on November 19.

In a new statement from Reznor has said that Dillon's health problems are nothing to do with either drink or drugs, saying: "Jerome Dillon does not have a drinking or drug problem.
His illness is not the result of abuse, nor are there any purposefully vague statements about what's really going on with him. I am sure he is as frustrated and upset with the situation as everybody else. This is not his fault."

He added: "Jerome is a great drummer and a great guy. We all wish him the best and hope to see him behind the drums again soon. At the present time, his performing live with us places him in a potentially very harmful situation."

Ghostboy

I stopped listening to the album as a whole pretty much a week or so after I bought it. But the songs pop up on my iPod now and then, I have to say, hearing them outside of the context of each other...they're really damn good. Some of the best music he's ever written. I sorta felt this way before, even though I thought the album was inferior (and it is), but in bits and pieces, it's pretty masterful.

For example, I just heard All The Love In The World, or whatever it's called. I had to play it again as soon as it ended because it sounded so good.

Reinhold

can somebody host the new album for me or e-mail it to me?
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Pubrick

does nobody know how to use soulseek or any file-sharing program anymore?
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: GhostboySome of the best music he's ever written.

So I take it that you haven't heard The Fragile, Downward Spiral, Further Down The Spiral, Broken, Fixed, Things Falling Apart or any of his EP's?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ghostboy

No, I've got the whole catalog.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I know it's all a preference thing, and I don't think With Teeth is a bad album at all... but his best work?  I don't know if any of the songs on that album could outrank some of his other mindblowing, almost epic songs...  

He has just set a personal best extremely high for himself.

mogwai

maybe he should go back to cocaine to make another mindnumbing epic album then?

Pubrick

Quote from: mogwaimaybe he should go back to cocaine to make another mindnumbing epic album then?
that's what i've been saying!
under the paving stones.

mogwai

NIN Drummer Jerome Dillon Leaves Tour

October 3, 2005

After two hospitalizations post-grueling US performances, Jerome Dillon has opted to leave the Nine Inch Nails/ Queens of the Stone Age tour. Dillon's health issues stem from a congenital heart condition, and he's currently undergoing tests. According to a statement from frontman Trent Reznor on the band's website, "At this present time, [Jerome's] performing live with us places him in a potentially very harmful situation." Reznor also reiterated that Dillon's problems are congenital, not acquired: "Dillon does not have a drinking or drug problem," Reznor expressed, "His illness is not the result of abuse, nor are there any purposefully vague statements about what's really going on with him. I am sure he is as frustrated and upset with the situation as everybody else." The two NIN performances that were postponed because of Dillon's illness have been rescheduled. The September 16 date in San Diego will be on November 20, while the September 30 Oakland date will be made up on November 19.