Coolest cigarette smoking in a movie

Started by ShanghaiOrange, August 11, 2003, 08:41:46 PM

godardian

Quote from: mollyI think women in general smoke cooler than men in movies

...couldn't find any with her smoking, which is odd, seeing as how she apparently insisted that any character she depicted smoke so that she could smoke...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Teen Wolf

Tony Leung in In The Mood For Love
Belmondo in Breathless

Every time I see either of these two guys smoke in these two movies it makes me want to go buy a pack.

freakerdude

The best use of smoking scenes has to go to Lynch's Wild At Heart. Multiple close ups of Lula's hot burning tobacco stick being drawn through is kind of soothing yet burns at the same time. Lynch has some kind of fascination with smoking in most of his movies. Lost Highway is another example.
MC Pee Pants

blackmamba

Denis Leary, without a doubt

Gloria

Quote from: blackmambaDenis Leary, without a doubt

I have to agree.

Alethia

ahahahahahaha.     i said denis leary a while back too, but i was thinking no cure for cancer.  hahahahaha.  funniest pic ever.

modage

Quote from: godardian...couldn't find any with her smoking, which is odd, seeing as how she apparently insisted that any character she depicted smoke so that she could smoke...

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Fernando

Coolest cigarette smoking by a guy who made movies films.

godardian

Oh! Two of the very coolest in a row!
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Leatherface

SHAFTR

There is a scene in "In the Mood for Love" with the smoke rising to the light.

Hands Down, the best smoking scene ever.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

haps6296

It's not cigarettes, but it's good enough to post - Tony Montana's cigar smoking in "Scarface", ya gotta love it.
"Keep your lamplight trimmed and burning!"

jtm

just stumbled across this thread. and after reading it, only one came to mind.

luckily, youtube had it (although they cut it short)

hedwig

penelope cruz was an extremely sexy smoker in Vicki Cristina Barcelona.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?