ACJJ Banned and his Response

Started by Banky, December 06, 2003, 10:26:55 PM

Raikus

Quote from: P
Quote from: Raikus1. Starting with P's banning of Pantolones and JJ,
2. Will it change anything if I speak my mind?
1. here's where a lot of the trouble comes from, misinformation and false propaganda. i didn't ban pantalones, all the admins agreed on it and it went through quite smoothly. SoNowThen found out about them both at the same time, and made that thread in which i left.. but they had nothing to do with each other. please, if ur gonna cite precedent, try to know what ur talking about.
Sorry to dissapoint, P, but there was no propaganda with my interpretation. My interpretation came from reading the same thread, same apology, and same outcries from it as everyone else. You apologized saying you were wrong for abusing your admin powers. I'm sorry I misunderstood that you didn't ban Pantalones yourself, but from reading that thread that's exactly what it sounded like.

Why don't you explain exactly what happened with that situation so those of us that aren't admins will have the "true" and "accurate" story?

Quote2. no. ur being stubborn about this whole event, no matter how many times the admins explain clearly why jj was banned, and other members agree and elaborate on the point, u still want to believe that it was an impulsive reaction to sumthing stupid he said. get over urself. ur not gonna get banned.
I don't think I'm going to get banned. Self-preservation is never a quality I've instituted and I don't feel the need for it here either. I'm the type of person that will speak their mind on a subject and that's where all this is coming from. If I was afraid of getting banned my question would have been "Am I Next?"

Some of you seem to have an inflated opinion about certain subjects. I'm trying to show you what other people on this board are thinking about those same subjects. My trust of certain admins has been breached during the last two months or so, therefore, saying "trust me" doesn't really apply for me. So now you have a bit of my opinion on the goings on around Xixax. I hope it will help.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Xixax

Quote from: BankyI think that a last chance for ACJJ would be in order because he really cares about this place and lots of people here.

I'm a big fan of redemption and forgiveness. And I liked JJ. But if someone doesn't see the error of their ways, how can they be expected to change them? A "last chance" only works if change can be assured.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

cine

The question of P banning Pantalones and JJ has been brought up, and then the heated discussion about the admins banning aclockworkjj.

But, philosophically, Pantalones banned Pantalones and aclockworkjj banned aclockworkjj. And that's that.

Raikus

Quote from: CinephileThe question of P banning Pantalones and JJ has been brought up, and then the heated discussion about the admins banning aclockworkjj.

But, philosophically, Pantalones banned Pantalones and aclockworkjj banned aclockworkjj. And that's that.
If that was the case, why did p feel the need to resign and leave the site? The whole debacle now seems to be getting a glossy coating for some reason. Let p tell what happened so I and many others can be informed.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Xixax

I'll field this one. See the other thread.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

phil marlowe

this is the most fucked up zig zag discussion i have ever windnessed. can't we please lock on of the threads?

Reinhold

lock the one i started if you want... it was only supposed to be a petition anyway.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Banky

Quote from: XIXAX
Quote from: BankyI think that a last chance for ACJJ would be in order because he really cares about this place and lots of people here.

I'm a big fan of redemption and forgiveness. And I liked JJ. But if someone doesn't see the error of their ways, how can they be expected to change them? A "last chance" only works if change can be assured.

i agree

the one

The Revolution has Begun.

Welly, well, well, well...You guys banned aclockworkjj.  I hope you feel proud and accomplished in the twisted idea of that was the answer.  The way I see it, he was banned cause he put some of you in your place and was pushing the buttons the entire way through.  And instead of just simply admitting he can throw together an argument, you all are too worried about admitting it yourselves.  

Let me tell you all a story.    

I have been reading this site for about the last 9 months.  One day I saw that he mentioned where he lived.  It was very close to myself.  This sparked my interest cause honestly I was beginning to think the guy was a robot.  Around 4am one morning (I couldn't sleep), I decided to send this "robot" an instant message.  Just to see if he was for real.  Sure enough, he responded and we ended up chatting about the film Wonder Boys (?) till he had to get to bed before his alarm clock went off at 7am.  We continued to converse over time, on any subject.  Whether it was cinema, music, painting, love (I am not gay nor is he), life, history, computers, science, etc.  In fact we even had a 2 hour conversation about soda and the future of the soft drink industry once. Then one day I suggested he come to see a show my friend was playing at a local bar.  Honestly I didn't think he would show up.  Not only did he show up, but he came with probably one of the coolest girls I have ever met.  The night ended with a bunch of drunken fools sharing laughs over a Denny's omelet at 5am.  

I do not post here cause I honestly don't check it enough and just like to read about upcoming movies, but today I felt the need to register.  I still hang out with Josh and he has actually become a good friend of mine.  You think he is out of control here?  Try going to a Yankees game with him.  Trust me, it's probably the most fun I have ever had while being embarrassed.  

The guy is passionate about pretty much anything he does, as well as a girl named Audrey.  If you couldn't see that here, then I feel bad for you all.  I am sure he is the first to admit he has been out of line, or heaven forbid, even wrong at times.  And doesn't everyone have bad days?

I just saw this thread while looking around and he might even not like the idea of me doing this.  But the answer that was defined here is not the right one.  I am sure he has helped a lot of people here no matter what it was.  He helped me get rid of a virus that was driving me crazy for weeks.  

To me, I think the administration of this site needs to look twice at some of the things they have done to "preserve the content".  You guys just banned the most passionate person here.  Realize that.  Yes, his post count was high, but do you think that ment a thing to him?  Did he get there by just posting articles?  Did he only post in this Idle Chatter?  If you all are that one dimensional, I suggest that everyone's response from now on should be, "Yeah, that was a good movie".  

I will gladly sign this petition, but not only do I feel he should be unbanned, but I feel he should be an Admin as well.  Why not get a "real" voice in on the say?  Things need to change here or else make it a private forum.  In order to keep this site running smooth there needs to be fresh ideas.  I saw him at least attempting to create them on a daily basis.  That is more than I can say about some.

Sure, I am a friend of his, but this goes without saying this was a bad decision in everyway.  Pretty much anytime I have been to his place (which always has an open door policy by the way) guess what would be on his computer screen?  As I said, you dumbshits just banned the most passionate person here.  Please feel proud.

This is my 1st and only post I will be making here.  As any "filmmakers forum" that wards off passion and creativity has no room to share my mental space.  Hopefully this place will have another person step up to bitch slap the few that need it, but realize you will get banned.  XIXAX is the only one I see here that is worthy of praise.  It is his boat.  How he let it sink is beyond me.    

I am now going to pick up some beer and swing by his place, as this is the first I have heard of such mockery.  I hope you all feel high and mighty.

-NEO

ps. Sorry for stealing your avatar Banky.
Long time reader, first time poster.

cine

Quote from: the oneI will gladly sign this petition, but not only do I feel he should be unbanned, but I feel he should be an Admin as well.
Joke of the Month.

kotte

Please lock this one too so we can get past this. I see interesting things being posted about when this is over and done with.

Reinhold

wow... that was quite the whining spree. i agree with all of the facts you stated and i want him back every bit as much as you do, but the judgemental overtones don't solve anything, "neo". how about a real name to go with the guilt trip?

Quote from: kottePlease lock this one too so we can get past this. I see interesting things being posted about when this is over and done with.

edit: i was a bitch when i responded to that the first time.

i don't think that would really solve much, kotte.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Duck Sauce

god, whats with all this fucking junior high politics going on here?

this is embarrassing

MacGuffin

Quote from: Reinhold Messnerwow... that was quite the whining spree. i agree with all of the facts you stated and i want him back every bit as much as you do, but the judgemental overtones don't solve anything, "neo". how about a real name to go with the guilt trip?

Don't tell me you don't know who "the One" is. He posted from a library to get his last words in.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

As I said before, I can see why aclockworkjj was banned, but I don't see him as the bad guy some of you are making him into.

You guys are acting like he had this big masterplan to split xixax up into 2 warring factions.  He posted a lot and sometimes his posts disrupted an otherwise good thread, but I don't see this as anything more than that.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"