Led Zeppelin

Started by jokerspath, July 16, 2003, 09:12:26 AM

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: StefenHow many more times is the most greatest kick ass kick back song ever recorded. Big Zep fan here.

nah....its all about achilles last stand....play that phucker loud......big zep  fan also present

Sleuth

Very underrated song
I like to hug dogs

Stefen

And how did this thread never get started sooner?! What a travesty. Sigur Ros should get a trophy for ruling so much.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

Quote from: StefenAnd how did this thread never get started sooner?! What a travesty. Sigur Ros should get a trophy for ruling so much.
it was started last july by jokerspath.

this is the second page. sigur still deserves a trophy tho.
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: StefenSigur Ros should get a trophy for ruling so much.
it was started last july by jokerspath.[/quote]

Quote from: Pthis is the second page. sigur still deserves a trophy tho.

Wauw  :shock: Thanks guys!
Still what about those satanic messages?

jokerspath

Quote from: P
Quote from: StefenAnd how did this thread never get started sooner?! What a travesty. Sigur Ros should get a trophy for ruling so much.
it was started last july by jokerspath.

He speaketh sooth...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

freakerdude

LZ's HTWWW DVD is the shit! Page remastered the video portion with help and remastered all of the audio himself. This shows the band in their infancy and up to other excellent shows. It makes me cream mi pantalones........
MC Pee Pants

Sleuth

Quote from: freakerdudeLZ's HTWWW DVD is the shit! Page remastered the video portion with help and remastered all of the audio himself. This shows the band in their infancy and up to other excellent shows. It makes me cream mi pantalones........

You know what I didn't like about it?  Just one thing...on Bron Yr Aur Stomp I hate the way they loop the footage of Plant clapping.  I didn't notice it the first few times, but now it's just really annoying to watch
I like to hug dogs

MacGuffin

Led Zeppelin to perform comeback gig

Led Zeppelin will perform a one-time comeback concert in memory of Ahmet Ertegun, the founder of Atlantic Records.

The band will perform together for the first time in 19 years on Nov. 26, at London's The O2 venue, on the banks of the River Thames.

Promoters said the concert would pay tribute to Ertegun — the label boss who popularized Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin and Led Zeppelin — who died in December at age 83.

"During the Zeppelin years, Ahmet Ertegun was a major foundation of solidarity and accord," Led Zeppelin singer Robert Plant said Wednesday. "For us he was Atlantic Records and remained a close friend and conspirator."

Ertegun, who founded the Atlantic Records label, signed Plant's band in 1968 and later snapped up the Rolling Stones.

Organizers said Led Zeppelin's remaining original members Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones will headline the concert with late drummer John Bonham's son, Jason, on drums.

The Who's Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman, Foreigner and young Scottish singer Paolo Nutini — the last British act Ertegun signed — will also play at the tribute concert.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

This could be the greatest thing of all time or it could be a disaster.

I think they might be too old to still have that swagger that made them so awesome. On the other hand, they may be such good musicians that age doesn't matter to them (think King Crimson)

It's not the same without Bonham. He's not a drummer that can be replaced and nobody will notice. His sound was just as big a part of the band as any of the other members. If we're talking members it would be like John Holmes son stepping in and filling in for his late father. It just wouldn't be the same and would leave alot to be desired.

I felt the same way about the Pink Floyd reunion, but that turned out good. On the other hand, The Police reunion left me feeling sick and if it wasn't for Stewart Copeland being awesome on the sticks, I would have vomited.

*fingers crossed*
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

you do know that they're reuniting for only one gig? it's not like they're out for a five year long mammoth tour, playing the garden in new york for a year etc.... for the record, led zeppelin is the most overrated band of mankind. they spawned shitloads of awful sleaze metal bands whose prime time was in the middle of the 80's. if the gig is a disaster which it probably will be, then that's that.

and reunions, when old people reunite that is because they're money strapped. one really bad reunion is kiss, but there's probably another thread for that. i wasn't the one that brought up john holmes here.

Stefen

Really? I thought they were doing a universe wide tour going up in a spaceship to play the rings around Saturn?

No shit sherlock, hence the reason I compared what it could be to Pink Floyds one off reunion show.

And Led Zeppelin is an awesome band. You can't blame them for the shitty music that came after. That's like blaming Mogwai for the shitty post-rock bands that are out now. It's not fair. Led Zeppelin sounds NOTHING like those sleazy metal bands that came in the 80's.

Hating Led Zeppelin is so 1990's.

mogwai

ha, it sounds like i offended you on all basis. but your previous post sounded like led zeppelin was touring the world. okay, i was wrong then but what exactly did led zeppelin do to the 1990's if they wasn't around then?

Stefen

They didn't do anything, but it was in style to hate them during the grunge era.

And no I'm no offended, it's just that Robert Plant may or may not be my grandfather. I don't know for sure

Neil

Quote from: mogwai on September 12, 2007, 03:01:18 PM
you do know that they're reuniting for only one gig? it's not like they're out for a five year long mammoth tour, playing the garden in new york for a year etc.... for the record, led zeppelin is the most overrated band of mankind. they spawned shitloads of awful sleaze metal bands whose prime time was in the middle of the 80's. if the gig is a disaster which it probably will be, then that's that.

and reunions, when old people reunite that is because they're money strapped. one really bad reunion is kiss, but there's probably another thread for that. i wasn't the one that brought up john holmes here.

not to disrespect you here, but have you ever heard music, looked at a drum kit, touched the fretboard of a guitar, tapped along a beat? ever been a real boy, i mean seriously, page and jones are two of the greatest musicians alive...saying overrated is almost just uneducated, you can not like them all you want, i just don't understand not respecting them...
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.