Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

RegularKarate

Why is that Kid A thing news?  that's the first song I heard of his.

Yeah, his music blows... except for the Kid A cover, which is decent.  And he was on the Chappelle show and was pretty funny.

modage

yeah an old friend i used to have was REALLY into john mayer (safe to say we dont speak anymore) and he had that 'kid a' thing downloaded like right when room for squares came out and played it for me.  i guess its news now because its getting an 'official release'.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

NPR's All Songs Considered has an excerpt from Johnny Greenwood's "Bodysong" soundtrack:

http://www.npr.org/programs/asc/archives/asc57/#greenwood

This soundtrack is mentioned somewhere else in this thread, right? Cause it's great stuff.

godardian

The John Mayer thing reminds me of when Duncan Sheik ('member him? Didn't think so) covered "Fake Plastic Trees."
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Finn

How does everyone feel about putting radiohead songs on the piano and using them instrumentally without lyrics? Many people have done that. I think it's pretty great!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: QuoyleHow does everyone feel about putting radiohead songs on the piano and using them instrumentally without lyrics? Many people have done that. I think it's pretty great!

That Christopher O'Riley album is pretty good.  My preference is for that string quartet that covered all of OK Computer and did another disc with a bunch of different songs (they do Palo Alto!!!!! And Permanent Daylight!!!!).  Good stuff.

pete

brad meldau (sp?) did some wonderful jazz piano arrangements of radiohead songs.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Stefen

Quote from: petebrad meldau (sp?) did some wonderful jazz piano arrangements of radiohead songs.

Where are these. I want to hear these. Are there any other versions of The Tourist or Sulk anywhere, piano, trumpet, skin flute, doesnt mattter.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

El Duderino

my friend thought he was being clever and smart, but it's so fucking stupid, so i'll share it with you guys. he thinks radiohead should name everyone of their albums in order from Kid A...i.e. Kid B, Kid C, Kid D, etc. i know that's stupid, but i thought i'd share
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

cine

No, you're right, that's stupid.

Myxo

Quote from: CinephileNo, you're right, that's stupid.

You are stupid.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Finn

I was listening to Life in a Glass House by Radiohead the other day and one of my friends was listening. He said that they singing was so bad and the music was just awful. I agree with him to a degree that that song can't be considered as "well done", but I actually enjoyed it in all it's badness. Maybe it was suppose to be bad. Either way, it sounded cool to me.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

context, context, context.

picolas

Quote from: QuoyleMaybe it was suppose to be bad. Either way, it sounded cool to me.
then why isn't it good? and well done?