Box Set

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, June 13, 2005, 11:23:36 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'm planning on getting the box set, but some of these questions may alter my decision...

-Is there a Region 1 release of EWS that is uncut?

-Are there any other available uncut films by Kubrick?

-If yes to either, are they included in the box set, or would I find them somewhere else?

-Is the Life In Pictures worth getting the bundle for, or should I try to buy the DVD's separately?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: Walrus-Is there a Region 1 release of EWS that is uncut?
i assume so, but i don't think it's in the set.

Quote from: Walrus-Are there any other available uncut films by Kubrick?
the only other movie that has an "uncut" version is The Shining, which region 1 shows with its superfluous scenes discussed here. and i wouldn't really call that uncut cos both versions were approved by kubrick, and scientists hav proven the shorter one is better anyway.

Quote from: Walrus-If yes to either, are they included in the box set, or would I find them somewhere else?
see above.

Quote from: Walrus-Is the Life In Pictures worth getting the bundle for, or should I try to buy the DVD's separately?
yeah, totally,. it's also better cos R1 has Dr Strangelove included in the set, which i had to buy separately cos it's not sold that way here. but if u can find all the movies for a collective price that is lower than the set itself, then do that and get A Life in Pictures off ebay or sumthing. it goes for cheap.

now if only sumone would help me with the bresson box set..
under the paving stones.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: WalrusI'm planning on getting the box set, but some of these questions may alter my decision...

-Is there a Region 1 release of EWS that is uncut?

-Are there any other available uncut films by Kubrick?

-If yes to either, are they included in the box set, or would I find them somewhere else?

-Is the Life In Pictures worth getting the bundle for, or should I try to buy the DVD's separately?

I have the region 1 box set - eyes wide shut is not the uncut version.

besides EWS all of his films are essentially uncut - none of them were cut for content, against his will or desires.
...your excuses are your own...

Kal

The same Box Set that they sell on Amazon.com for $105 I bought on eBay for $30. Only difference was that its the chinese version. But fuck it, its Region Free, the content is exactly the same, and it has everything. Only difference is that has some tiny chinese characters on the Box.

Pubrick

Quote from: andykalOnly difference is that has some tiny chinese characters on the Box.
and matthew modine is replaced by one giant pixel..
under the paving stones.

modage

or if you can hold out, and i know you cant, a much better boxset will eventually be coming with, you know, extras.  

-Kubrick Commentary from Beyond The Grave!
-Collectible Packaging
-And Much More!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Brazoliange

Quote from: andykalThe same Box Set that they sell on Amazon.com for $105 I bought on eBay for $30. Only difference was that its the chinese version. But fuck it, its Region Free, the content is exactly the same, and it has everything. Only difference is that has some tiny chinese characters on the Box.

ditto, but it also has Spartacus and Paths of Glory packaged with it

--sadly, the vendor is now closed :(
Long live the New Flesh

Pubrick

Quote from: Brazoliange--sadly, the vendor is now closed :(
..due to an unrelated 20 year prison sentence.
under the paving stones.

my boxset is french and has the short shining and the full eyes wide shut.
context, context, context.

Kal

there are still some available at ebay... but yep there were a lot more offering it before

cowboykurtis

Quote from: cronopiomy boxset  has the short shining.

what's the run time on your shining disc?
...your excuses are your own...

life_boy

Quote from: themodernage02or if you can hold out, and i know you cant, a much better boxset will eventually be coming with, you know, extras.  

-Kubrick Commentary from Beyond The Grave!
-Collectible Packaging
-And Much More!

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Is that the version of Dr. Strangelove that had footage that was too hot for the theaters?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Brazoliange

but no Paths of Glory/Spartacus
Long live the New Flesh

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Brazoliangebut no Paths of Glory/Spartacus

That's fine, I was planning on getting the Spartacus Crtierion separately.

And you do know that life_boy was joking, right?