The "Joey" Show

Started by Kal, July 03, 2004, 01:21:34 AM

Kal

I just saw the NBC Pilot for the Friend's Spinoff Joey and was dissapointed. I really liked Friends and especially Joeys character, and I was hoping that it wont happen what happened with the Seinfeld cast and their shows... however... after seeing this First Episode I dont know what to think... has anybody else seen it?

metroshane

anyone notice how poorly edited Joey is?  I like the material, but there is a significant amount of jump cuts, continuity errors, and bad transitions.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

ono

I'll keep that in mind.  Good for a laugh, maybe.  What I saw of tonight's show was surprisingly funny.  Haven't watched it that much at all though since I first checked it out when it premiered.

Ravi

Quote from: wantautopia?I'll keep that in mind.  Good for a laugh, maybe.  What I saw of tonight's show was surprisingly funny.  Haven't watched it that much at all though since I first checked it out when it premiered.

There was one exchange a few months ago that had me in stitches.  Joey is talking with his sister's date:

JOEY:  So, do you have any hobbies?
SUITOR: I like a nice pair of jeans.
JOEY:  Jeans is a hobby?
SUITOR:  I'm not a professional or anything.

NEON MERCURY

..i didnt see this show..i thought it looked ghey..i hated friends..it was rerally cheesy and it made me feel sexually frustrated watching it...i dont like shows about white trash yuppies..or rob reiner humor.......the joey sghow looks incredibly stupid......and in traditional spinoff fever, i am sure it will last one season then.......joey will go back to doing guess spots on tv [like he did w/ married w/ children] or he will sell diet coke.....its really hard to laugh at this show....i see the advetrtisemnts and when the dialogue is spoken i feel sick because its so cheesy......if peopel stopped watchign this then we wouldnt have to suffer........yes, i watch family matters in syndication.. :cry: