Circuit City

Started by Ravi, June 03, 2004, 06:02:25 PM

Ravi

I got a gift card to Circuit City for my birthday and I was hoping to get a Criterion DVD or something for cheap, but I went there today and they don't have any.  Even Best Buy is a little better in stocking non-mainstream titles.  Are all CC stores this limited?  Oh well.  I will probably pick up Field of Dreams next week or Curb Your Enthusiasm 1/2 the week after.

ono

Circuit City and Best Buy aren't THAT great as far as selection goes, but they're not horrible.  But you won't find obscure titles at Circuit City.  The most "fringe" film there I've ever seen was Cinema Paradiso and even that's pushing it.  Best Buy is a little better.  At times I've seen some Cronenberg and Korine's stuff.  That's about the size of it though.  And I saw Bergman's Scenes from a Marriage.  If you really want a great selection off the Internet, go to Borders.  And pack cash or credit cards.  You'll really want to walk off with the whole store, they have such a great collection.  And they have lots of box sets, too, some of them harder to find.

NEON MERCURY

i love circut city....indeed its not the place for crackterions but they got great prices man.  and unlike at best buy circut city doesn t have that guy with bucked teeth asking me 'um, sir would like some help?".

Rudie Obias

i'm very surprised to see that circuit city has the much better deals on dvds than best buy.  they've been kickin' best buy's ass the last 2 weeks.  way to go circuit city!!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Ravi

Quote from: rudieobi'm very surprised to see that circuit city has the much better deals on dvds than best buy.  they've been kickin' best buy's ass the last 2 weeks.  way to go circuit city!!!

It varies from title to title, and probably from area to area.  Best Buy is having the Field of Dreams SE for $15.99 and CC is having it for $19.99.  I'm hoping to get CC to price-match it.

Rudie Obias

quantum leap - the complete season 1= $34.99 (circuit city)/$43.99 (best buy)

reality bites: se = $12.99 (circuit city)/$14.99 (best buy)

way to go circuit city!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

GoneSavage

Here, you can't win.  Circuit City's prices on first-day releases are much better than Best Buy, however, they usually run out before normal people with jobs can make it to the store.  Even the employees there find this stupid but they have no control over it.

Rudie Obias

Quote from: GoneSavageHere, you can't win.  Circuit City's prices on first-day releases are much better than Best Buy, however, they usually run out before normal people with jobs can make it to the store.  Even the employees there find this stupid but they have no control over it.

thank christ that my day off during the week is every sunday and tuesday!!  i buy it all!!!

GoneSavage