The Darjeeling Limited

Started by Fjodor, July 16, 2006, 04:18:42 AM

modage

wow, fox searchlight still fighting to be cool.  the new paramount should've grabbed this one up so it could have both andersons under one roof.  i had a feeling disney would not be distributing his films anymore after TLA was more expensive and less profitable.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Source: MTV

"Shopgirl" co-star Jason Schwartzman recently shot down rumors that he'd be appearing in the cartoon version of the Roald Dahl classic "The Fantastic Mr. Fox," but confirmed that he's reuniting with "Rushmore" writer/director Wes Anderson for a quirky flick set in India. "We're doing just this one movie called 'The Darjeeling Limited' that I wrote with Roman Coppola and Wes Anderson. Wes is going to direct it — and Owen Wilson and Adrien Brody will play brothers." Schwartzman is tight-lipped about the script — which will also star him as one of the three brothers seeking spiritual enlightenment after their father's death — but he did insist that it'll be unlike anything he's ever done before. "We wanted to do something different. It's a new experience for all three of us, writing this movie. It was very hard, but I loved every second of it ... I can't wait to go to India."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ASmith

I just saw Jason Schwartzman on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson promoting Marie Antoinette.  He said that he was going to India for his next picture and that a week earlier he'd received all his vaccinations for the trip.  Does xixax have any scouts in that part of the world to report back from the set?

Pubrick

Quote from: ASmith on October 27, 2006, 12:45:39 AM
Does xixax have any scouts in that part of the world to report back from the set?

ravi's too busy with his bollywood commitments.
under the paving stones.

Pozer

met a girl from the uk a few days ago who auditoned for this with schwartzman a couple of weeks ago.  she did not get the part.  that is all.

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Pozer

tpfkabi

for some reason the listing on imdb is for pro members only, but i found this link to the board:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0838221/board/threads/
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

edison

From someone who lives in India on IMDB:
The tabloids here report that they are currently shooting in Udaipur and Jodhpur, both cities in the desert-palace state of Rajasthan. It also mentions that its a story about three brothers - Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody, Jason Schwartzman - who journey through India. "The script has been co-written by Roman Coppola , son of Francis Ford Coppola, and Schwartzman. We hear that Wilson and Anderson took a ride in the second-class compartmnet of an Indian train for research. The crew is expected to shoot in India till February. Actress Anjelica Huston and Natalie Portman also star."

The quoted statements are taken from the article which appeared in HT Style (December 10, 2006), which is a supplement of one of India's top newspapers Hindustan Times.

modage

natalie portman!?  that would be crazy.  :ponder:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

polkablues

Quote from: Slightly Green on December 11, 2006, 08:44:00 AM
how big are her boobs?

Larger than the grains of sand, but smaller than the desert.

Or, more specifically, about this big:
My house, my rules, my coffee

matt35mm

Quote from: polkablues on December 11, 2006, 06:17:26 PM
Quote from: Slightly Green on December 11, 2006, 08:44:00 AM
how big are her boobs?

Larger than the grains of sand, but smaller than the desert.

Or, more specifically, about this big:

HOLY CRAP!

Those are what boobs are?

Oh... the embarrassment...

edison