Best TV series

Started by Pas, June 09, 2003, 05:48:49 PM

Pas

Quote from: themodernage02Heat Vision and Jack

An astronaut (played by Jack Black) with a medical secret is on the run from his evil employers with the help of a talking motorcycle called Heat Vision (voiced by Owen Wilson).

It would have been so great. So great. So great it will never air. They should have gone to Comedy Central or something, like South Park. Must be some legal shit...

modage

i got mine from a friend who i think downloaded it of Kazaa but you can check out the opening credits and some other information about HV&J, (the greatest show that never was), here...

UNOFFICIAL HEAT VISION AND JACK FANSITE
http://www.altslashgo.com/hvaj/index.shtml

edit: oops. wait. i just found the episode.  you can download it in 3 parts here...

http://www.rabidmonkey.com/mt/archives/000191.html
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Raikus

Quote from: Booth

An astronaut (played by Jack Black) with a medical secret is on the run from his evil employers with the help of a talking motorcycle called Heat Vision (voiced by Owen Wilson).

It would have been so great. So great. So great it will never air. They should have gone to Comedy Central or something, like South Park. Must be some legal shit...
How cool is this news. I just chatted with a writer who was offered a chance to write the Movie version of Heat Vision and Jack! He talked with Stiller's people but declined (still don't know why). And this is reliable, not heresay. However, this means that they're looking to turn it into a movie.

Hope is not lost!
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

modage

*(fingers crossed)  thanks for the news.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

godardian

Quote from: Raikus
Quote from: Booth

How cool is this news. I just chatted with a writer who was offered a chance to write the Movie version of Heat Vision and Jack! He talked with Stiller's people but declined (still don't know why). And this is reliable, not heresay. However, this means that they're looking to turn it into a movie.

Hope is not lost!

Interesting that this and Strangers with Candy, another below-the-radar sort of comedy show, are being developed as feature films. I wonder who will finance/direct/distribute these projects?
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Raikus

From what Lynch said Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson and Jack Black are all still involved in the process (hopefully Ron Silver as well). Doesn't Stiller own a production company?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

modage

ME. with a paper route, i figure i can have enough money by the end of summer.

polkablues

Quote from: Raikus
Quote from: polkablues"Once and Again"
Is this the one where John Goodman's brain is put into a genetic super soldier or the drama about the couple? I always get those two mixed up.

"Once and Again" was the drama about the divorced people who get married.  "Now and Again" was the sci-fi show with Dennis Haysbert and Eric Close.  I've heard it was good, but I've never seen it.

"Once and Again", on the other hand, had a handful of the best performances I've ever seen on a TV show, not the least of which being the supremely talented Evan Rachel Wood.  I wait anxiously for the day she turns 18.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ProgWRX

surprised no one has mentioned -24- ...

8)  Thats my pick...

and for comedy, Sports Night  :oops:
-Carlos

Alethia

the second, third, and fourth season of friends