Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

©brad

famous or not, people do not say hi to one another on the streets of new york.

Reinhold

Quote from: ©brad on May 23, 2006, 08:21:34 AM
famous or not, people do not say hi to one another on the streets of new york.

that's not true. i've found that a lot of people, albeit not most, greet me audibly if we happen to make eye contact.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

BackUpOffMeFoo

Quote from: Pubrick on May 16, 2006, 03:32:58 AM
haha, you sound like you've been hounded by the paparazzi or someshit. now that'd be an annoying gesture, the invasion of privacy and all that which comes with being a rich celebrity. she sounds self-righteous and condescending. i'd never ask for an autograph because it's lame, but why is she lecturing people about it? oh right, because she's jesus fucking bono and was on that mtv show where she got sand in her brain. that was funny.

I realize it's a month later... And I'm extemely irrelavent... But I just read this and found it to be the bomb diggity.

See you next fiscal quarter... Much to your Chagrin.
Serious?

grand theft sparrow

I was in Bozeman, Montana for a wedding last weekend.  Beautiful part of the country.  Someone in the wedding party got wind that a well known actor and cult figure was in town shooting a movie and doing a book signing the day of the wedding.  So in between the pictures and the ceremony, the whole wedding party ran to the Barnes & Noble to try and get his blessing for the soon-to-be-newlyweds. 

Once we got to the church after this, the woman who "directs" the weddings was pissed.  She didn't know why everyone was late but her only response was, "I hope it was for an honest reason."

Doesn't get much more honest than having your picture taken with Henry Winkler.

By the way, that's me on the far right.

polkablues

The two greatest things about being a dude: peeing upright and never having to wear bridesmaid dresses.  The third would be: being Henry Winkler.  But that only applies to Henry Winkler.
My house, my rules, my coffee

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

grand theft sparrow

True, but A) I didn't want to hog the Winkler facetime since I wasn't the one getting married; and B) I have it on videotape that, when everyone is taking pictures of us all, he points to me to make sure that "this guy" is in the shot.  Henry Winkler acknowledged my existence.  Good enough for me.

MacGuffin

Quote from: hackspaced on August 20, 2006, 07:30:02 PMOnce we got to the church after this, the woman who "directs" the weddings was pissed.  She didn't know why everyone was late but her only response was, "I hope it was for an honest reason."

Should have told her the wedding went to go 'jump the shark.'
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

picolas

at the video store

>the weatherman.. that must've been a direct-to-video.
>>no, it had a theatrical run.
(i look up and it's sarah mclachlan)
>but for like a month?
>>pretty much.
>that's what i meant.

modage

bonus points for also belonging in the Stupidest Thing You've Heard Someone Say About A Movie thread.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

pete

I saw richard lewis at the airport last week.  I was whistling, standing on the belt, he was angrily walking through a crowd of people, staring at me, I stopped whistling, he walked by.  it was only like five seconds long the whole thing.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

JG

the other night my friend called me from new york, cause he just made eye contact with vincent gallo.  also, a few weeks earlier he saw haley joel osment at a hooka (sp?) bar, and then later banging his head at an animal collective concert.

:yabbse-sad: ...i wanna live in the city...

Ravi

JG

polkablues

This is Haley Joel Osment we're talking about, though.  He was probably rolling in the second one by the end of the night.
My house, my rules, my coffee