5 of the best cartoons ever coming to DVD

Started by ShanghaiOrange, July 29, 2003, 10:17:25 PM

MacGuffin

Details on the upcoming The Simpsons Season Three DVD collection hitting shelves on August 26th for $49.98.

Disc One:
Stark Raving Mad
Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington
When Flanders Failed
Bart the Murderer
Homer Defined
Like Father, Like Clown
*Commentary tracks on all episodes, storyboards, commercials and Easter Eggs.

Disc Two:
Flaming Moe's
Treehouse Of Horror II
Lisa's Pony
I Married Marge
Saturday's of Thunder
Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk
*Commentary on all episodes, storyboards, multi-language feature, David Silverman Sketches and Bart's Balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.

Disc Three:
Lisa the Greek
Homer Alone
Radio Bart
Bart the Lover
Homer at the Bat
Separate Vacations
*of the voiceover actors.

Disc Four:
Dog of Death
Colonel Homer
Black Widower
The Otto Show
Bart's Friend Falls In Love
Brother, Can You Spare Two Dimes?
*Commentary on all episodes, storyboards, Colonel Homer pop-up, Jukebox feature with 13 songs, unseen promo footage of Colonel Homer, Easter Eggs, interactive game trailer.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

jokerspath

Quote from: GamblorThat's a kickass language menu.

Seriously, that's a great looking menu.  Got dat shit on preorder!

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

smash

are there any signs of a Ren and Stimpy DVD??  Thats what I'm looking out for...

Lucinda Bryte

Does anyone else think that Family Guy sucks?

modage

i did at first, until i realized it was one of the funniest shows on tv.

see more here...
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=2334
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

I finally checked out the first four episodes of Futurama (god bless Netflix) and that show is the friggin' shit. It's absolutely hilarious, example: I forget the exact instance, but something shocking or unexpected happened, and a brick dropped from behind Bender. I sat there, thinking: he just shit a brick! That's awesome! The humor works on such a different wavelength. I will definitely buy this dvd!
WWPTAD?

Ernie

Quote from: ShanghaiOrangeSpace Ghost: Coast to Coast and Aqua Teen Hunger Force, two of the greatest TV shows ever, come out on November 18.

Fuck yes! I had no idea they were releasing those, I never thought they would either.

QuoteSimpsons: 3rd Season comes out August 26th.

Still have to get the 2nd one, of course I'll pick this up in due time.

QuoteFuturama: 2nd Season comes out August 12th.

I can't believe I didn't find out about this till this month! I had no idea they even released a first one, I'm going to have to find a way to get it this week. Definitely one of the best shows ever.

QuoteFamily Guy: Volume 2 comes out September 9th.

This shows looks funny, I've never seen it. A lot of Futurama fans seem to like it, I'll have to check it out. Futurama accounts for about 75% of my stolen jokes in my short films. Need to balance that off a little bit.

ShanghaiOrange

Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

modage

wow thats great.  its so funny cause i have about 3 tapes full of the critic and i was just going through and watching them thinking when are they gonna put this out on dvd?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SoNowThen

Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

pinkerton310

Quote from: ShanghaiOrange

January 14th :(

FINALLY! I loved this show. I have been hearing rumors about a DVD release. I can't believe its so soon. It's the last cartoon show I loved until The Family Guy. Awesome.
They say we all lose 21 grams at the exact moment of our death... everyone. The weight of a stack of nickels. The weight of a chocolate bar. The weight of a hummingbird...

cine

:-D
So much great stuff coming out in January! I'm getting this the second it's released.
I wonder if Onomatopoeia read about this yet....

ono

He just did.  Hehe.  Such a big fucking grin on my face now!  I can retire those VHSes, though I'll probably keep 'em around, 'cause I've pretty much had even the commericals that go along with the episodes pummeled into my subconscious so much, that I'll always want that as a reference.  Imagine late-night Comedy Central, circa 2000, and commercials advertising stuff such as Best of the 80s CDs; Safety Dance, Call Me, and I Know What Boys Like playing through your head.  But I digress.

Here's a new sig in honor of this fine occasion.

SHAFTR

I used to watch the Critic but I didn't know much about movies at that time and perhaps I should give it another round.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"