Sex Scenes

Started by Thrindle, October 18, 2004, 12:56:34 PM

Reinhold

any idea when the first sex scene was?

not necessarily a sex scene, but the first time a man and a woman were shown in the same bed together in a movie.

+1% in my cinematic expression class extra credit if i can find this out and tell my teacher. she can't find it or remember it, and it's bugging her.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

classical gas

matt35mm

?

There is no sex scene in Thomas Edison.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

That's not what your editor said.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

life_boy

Quote from: Just Withnail on October 18, 2004, 01:23:34 PM
If what they say is true, then the real thing definitely pays off; Don't Look Now has the greatest sex scene ever put on screen.

I think the poignancy of the scene in Don't Look Now has as much to do with the actual sex scene as it does with the cutting between the post-sex scene.  Also its placing within the context of the story fits better than some sex scenes in other movies.  It doesn't feel superfluous or cheap.  It feels real.
It is a great scene.

jigzaw

Hustler's Barely Legal films have real sex.  And so do the films of Seymore Butts.

Pubrick

Quote from: jigzaw on December 04, 2005, 12:51:33 PM
Hustler's Barely Legal films have real sex.  And so do the films of Seymore Butts.

go back to lurking.
under the paving stones.