Ain't Them Bodies Saints

Started by Pozer, July 15, 2012, 01:01:16 PM

modage

Saw the trailer yesterday before Blue Jasmine at BAM in Brooklyn, seen the movie twice and I still can't believe it!  :bravo:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

I saw the trailer at Violet Crown here in Austin and now I see they're showing St. Nick right now... that's pretty cool.
Can't wait to see ATBS!

jenkins

Quote from: Ghostboy on August 05, 2013, 04:09:13 AM
If anyone is looking for specific city information, let me know.
mmhmm, the names of the theaters that will play the movie in los angeles. you can tell me now and i'll get excited, or i'll wait for the wednesday before the friday and get excited

Quote from: Ghostboy on August 05, 2013, 04:09:13 AM
The lead-up to the release has been equal parts intense /  frustrating / terrifying / exciting. I tried watching the movie myself again the other day and couldn't get through ten minutes of it. My feelings towards it change on a moment by moment basis. Sometimes I love the jam-packed first 20 minutes and wonder how I let the rest of the movie get so slow. Lately I can't believe the first 20 minutes are so fast and wish I had let them take a breather. I can't wait for it to be a year or two old, at which point the hypersensitivity will have worn off and I can embrace it again!
of course my fav word here is exciting, and of course i feel excited for you! i don't think you're being hypersensitive, or at least i don't think you're only being hypersensitive. any and every creator of anything, whom i've known or read about, has gone through these feelings. you created something, and now you look at it and think of other ways you might've created it. one day it'll be a creation of yours from long ago. all this is heaven

modage

Oh and I keep meaning to ask, what song's misheard lyric of the title come from?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

Quote from: trashculturemutantjunkie on August 05, 2013, 02:01:19 PM

mmhmm, the names of the theaters that will play the movie in los angeles. you can tell me now and i'll get excited, or i'll wait for the wednesday before the friday and get excited

It'll be at the Landmark on Pico on the 16th. The following week, it'll open at the Sunset 5.

jenkins

that landmark is a beautiful and nice theater! it's where beautiful and nice movies land in los angeles. the curtains have opened for you <3

upstairs they have one couch theater. i think movies cycle into there, or maybe they select movies for that theater. it's a lower population, but the population sits on couches, and it's not some kind of eating area. that's my new goal. my second goal is any other screen there. i'll feel happy for you, when i tell you that's where i saw it

(couch photo, for history)

modage

Jeremy Blackman

That's fine, but when is a major publication going to cover him?

©brad

Quote from: modage on August 10, 2013, 09:13:36 AM
NY Times profile on Ghostboy
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/11/movies/david-lowery-directs-aint-them-bodies-saints.html

Amazing! So excited to see this.

And I want to hear about those notes from Weinstein. Were they constructive?

modage

3 Most Fascinating Celebrities At The AIN'T THEM BODIES SAINTS Premiere.

3. Tiffani Amber Thiessen
2. Richard Gere
1. Courtney Love

Runner Up: Rooney Mara.

Source: Getty Images.

Sleepless

Variety just posted an article that purports to be all about mustaches on the set of ATBS but actually spoils the ending. Beware.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

BB

Hey Ghostboy, when and where are you opening in Toronto? All the reviews everywhere have got me super pumped!

©brad

Very nice review in the New Yorker. I'm going tomorrow with some friends, can't wait.