Welcome to the 2006 Xixax Awards!

Started by Jeremy Blackman, April 18, 2006, 02:54:24 AM

Weak2ndAct

Wow.  As a whole, I'm more upset by these wins than the April Fools nominations.  The New World?   :sleeping:  Cillian Murphy  :shock:

Pubrick

Quote from: Weak2ndAct on April 18, 2006, 03:33:34 AM
Wow.  As a whole, I'm more upset by these wins than the April Fools nominations.  The New World?   :sleeping:  Cillian Murphy  :shock:
nah. i think xixax got it right this time.
under the paving stones.

brockly

Quote from: Pubrick on April 18, 2006, 04:06:45 AM
Quote from: Weak2ndAct on April 18, 2006, 03:33:34 AM
nah. i think xixax got it right this time.

me too. really like the results.  :yabbse-thumbup:

hedwig

yeah i think these are the best best's we've had.

Jeremy Blackman

This year's success is probably due to the high turnout... we got an even 50 ballots in the final round. I think the New World / Brokeback sweep is much better than last year's Million Dollar Baby / Eternal Sunshine sweep.  :bravo:

Credit to modage for the animation, by the way.

Sunrise

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on April 18, 2006, 11:03:01 AM
This year's success is probably due to the high turnout... we got an even 50 ballots in the final round.

This is the first time I have voted in the Xixax Awards, but is 50 ballots really a high turnout? That is a little disappointing. But it is hard to argue with the results. Quality over quantity I suppose.

squints

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on April 18, 2006, 11:03:01 AM
Credit to modage for the animation, by the way.

It looks fucking great. Go mod!
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Derek237

*sigh* Good Night and Good Luck won nothing. Oh well. Figures that the one movie I didn't even see yet was The New World.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This year's was probably the best awards.  They've always been great caps, but they're getting much better.  The nominees were great and diverse, plenty of great films to choose from, and the turnout was pretty diverse.

I'm mostly excited about MaYaEWK getting Best Debut.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye