KoRn

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, March 06, 2005, 12:12:06 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Didn't have a thread about them yet, or at least that I could find... so here it is.
-----------------------------------------

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=9&u=/ap/20050306/ap_on_en_mu/people_welch

Ex-Korn Guitarist Baptized in Jordan River

KIBBUTZ KINNERET, Israel - Former Korn guitarist Brian "Head" Welch was baptized Saturday in the Jordan River, just weeks after quitting his band, drug habits and rock-and-roll lifestyle for religion.

Welch, a founding member of the multi-platinum band, and about 20 other white-robed Christian pilgrims from a Bakersfield, Calif., church were immersed by their pastor, Ron Vietti.

Welch said the ritual baptism had washed away his anger. "You know when you get angry and it builds up? I felt like hurting someone before, now I feel like hugging people," he said.

Vietti said Welch — who has "Jesus" tattooed across his knuckles and "Matthew 11:28," tattooed prominently across his neck — is already attracting a new group of young people to the message of Christianity.

"In recent weeks people have committed their lives to God because they're so inspired by his story," Vietti said.

Korn announced Welch's resignation last month after 13 years with the band. Welch said he had become increasingly depressed and drug-addicted in recent years, but that religion helped him quit.

He said he plans to release more music without the band.

"My songs are God saying things to me, him talking to people. He's going to use me to heal people and people are going to be drawn to it, just watch, they will be," he said.

Thousands of pilgrims are baptized annually in the Jordan River where, according to Biblical tradition, John the Baptist baptized Jesus.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Gamblour.

Hm I didn't see that coming. They still suck.
WWPTAD?

NEON MERCURY

i am not a fan of their music but much respect for brian

Cecil

drugs, religion... one crutch is just as good as the next

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Cecildrugs, religion...

There's a difference?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: Walrus
Quote from: Cecildrugs, religion...

There's a difference?
yeah that's exactly what he just said.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

No, it's exactly what he just said.

Two Lane Blacktop

I have a younger cousin who is crazy about Korn's music... I can appreciate it, but I got over most of my unfocused suffering and anger a long time ago, so their music doesn't really speak to me.  

However, I give them huge props for the fact that they got H.R. Giger to build their singer the coolest microphone stand ever.  

2LB
Body by Guinness

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Two Lane BlacktopI can appreciate it, but I got over most of my unfocused suffering and anger a long time ago, so their music doesn't really speak to me.  

2LB

Yeah, I feel the excact same way. When ever I hear their music it reminds me of being a confused teenager.

Stefen

Sigur, that avatar rules.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.