[proposal: xixax collective story.]

Started by cron, April 25, 2004, 01:27:58 PM

Quote from: OnomatopitaI think the arguments that have broken out over this already are a shame, and that's probably why I stayed out of participating up to this point.

I've seen this kind of endeavor on other sites, and it's never really successful unless there is a SOLID sense of organization and planning.  So if you want my advice, and are serious about doing this, I'd say step back, take a deep breath, and let crono try to get things together a bit better (it was his idea).  I say you go in a very certain rotational order, or at least try to stick to one post per hour, or maybe a the little "dibs" thing Cinephile mentioned.  Not that you need a whole forum for this, but it might help if both threads you were working in were in the same forum.

Bottom line is, you put the cart before the horse, and that's why all the chaos.  Stop.  Fix that.  You'll be fine.  Just a few thoughts.  Carry on.

Thanks , O.  It's true,  if we want to avoid mistakes like those, we need better organisation.  What I propose is this:

*If it's evident that the mayority disagrees with a Post, the post will be deleted.

*Don't continue the story if you don't feel you can advance the story , fix it, or improve it.  The ideal situation would be to post if you feel inspired.

*Finish your post with a hook, so that the other person can interpret your last idea . Instead of just posting something conflict-free.

Quote*Suggestions will be encouraged.
context, context, context.

Thrindle

So what if SHAFTR's addition didn't fit a certain mold!?  I must say that I enjoyed his writing style, and I liked that he was adding depth to our main character.

The main thing here is just to try and advance the story.  So far (thus, my lack of contribution) the tone has that "tug of war" feel to it, where people who don't like one thing, make it a dream, and move on.  Let's develope the characters... get a little plot happening here.

And if anyone wants to slam me for being critical.  Go right ahead.  These are just observations from an outside viewer.
Classic.

Quote from: ThrindleSo what if SHAFTR's addition didn't fit a certain mold!?  I must say that I enjoyed his writing style, and I liked that he was adding depth to our main character.

The main thing here is just to try and advance the story.  So far (thus, my lack of contribution) the tone has that "tug of war" feel to it, where people who don't like one thing, make it a dream, and move on.  Let's develope the characters... get a little plot happening here.

And if anyone wants to slam me for being critical.  Go right ahead.  These are just observations from an outside viewer.

You're completely right,  Shaftr's style is cool, but I think his whole scenery was misplaced.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Thrindleget a little plot happening here.
IGNORE THRINDLE.

Thrindle

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
IGNORE THRINDLE.

Or don't, because so far we have a green sock wearing, masturbating in mansion, creed listening to roommate, and laundry soaked man... all just kickin it without sequence in the same story.

All because people are yanking the plot in their own directions.
Classic.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Pubrick
after JB's "twist", there were TWO new stories begun in the succeeding posts. how is what i did any different to the trend that was developing? ranemaka started a completely new story because JB did the first flashback to ignore the pitbull incident, and it lead itself to a new story.
I thought I was continuing JB's post, actually. I swear the previous incident's were just a dream and he was waking up from it. So, I figured he'd wake up in an apartment..... somehow. I swear, I thought it was the same character, same story.
Or maybe I've just gotten confuddled again.

Quoteand i havn't even mentioned that ranemaka's ended with the dude touching himself inside her house! how the FUCK can u pretend that is an ending? if anything it is a set-up for a million things that could go wrong, or right depending on how freaky she is.
This is what I was hoping for.

I think the problem is that there's one too many plots trying to go on at the same time? But, this sort of thing should've been expected when we started. I mean, no two people will usually see the same story enough to continue it in a perfectly coherent and normal fashion.
Besides, this is our first go-round (as far as I know), so it's not supposed to be perfect.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ranemaka13I thought I was continuing JB's post, actually. I swear the previous incident's were just a dream and he was waking up from it. So, I figured he'd wake up in an apartment..... somehow.
At the end of my post, he was waking up in his car.  :? ... Oh well.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: ranemaka13I thought I was continuing JB's post, actually. I swear the previous incident's were just a dream and he was waking up from it. So, I figured he'd wake up in an apartment..... somehow.
At the end of my post, he was waking up in his car.  :? ... Oh well.
Oh, poopsicle. :oops:

But shouldn't he be in a taxi since that's how he got to the house?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

MacGuffin

So is this one dead and time for a new one, or...?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

Quote from: MacGuffinSo is this one dead and time for a new one, or...?
We're still waiting for cbrad...

*checks his digital watch*

MacGuffin

Quote from: 50 CentiphileWe're still waiting for cbrad...

I thought we were playing schoolyard rules on this: You snooze, you lose. Xixax waits for no one.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinI thought we were playing schoolyard rules on this: You snooze, you lose. Xixax waits for no one.
You're so mean. This is far from dead, my friend.  :nono:

I'll be waiting for Mac's contribution.  

MacGuffin

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanThis is far from dead, my friend.  :nono:

I guess when it starts showing up on some member's brother's best friend's girlfriend's lips, I guess we'll know if it's dead.

Quote from: cronopioI'll be waiting for Mac's contribution.

Not on this go 'round.

Skeleton FilmWorks

molly

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: cronopioI'll be waiting for Mac's contribution.

Not on this go 'round.

:yabbse-cry: