No Direction Home: Bob Dylan

Started by noyes, July 09, 2005, 01:37:03 PM

noyes

totally looking forward to the dvd release on the 20th of September. and the pbs airing on the 26th/27th. and the release of the scrapbook, and volume 7 of the bootleg series.

yes, it's a great autumn for dylan fans.
it's all happening
south america's my name.

GoneSavage

w/o horse

When the fuck does Scorsese sleep?
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pubrick

Quote from: Losing the Horse:When the fuck does Scorsese sleep?
during gangs of new york.
under the paving stones.

w/o horse

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

oh right, there's a scorsese forum.

anyway, that dude looks like marty in the background there.

it's a shame to lock this. it was going well. :violin:
under the paving stones.

noyes

south america's my name.

noyes

south america's my name.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pwaybloe

...Which comes out the same day (9/20).  Odd.

MacGuffin

Dylan Docu Draws Distrib Deal
The Martin Scorsese helmed No Direction Home will be rolled out in 30 cities before being released on DVD.

The Toronto Film Festival just got started, and it already has its first big star. Bob Dylan. Daily Variety reports Martin Scorsese's documentary about the music legend, called No Direction Home, has earned itself a theatrical release, even before its debut at the festival, which scheduled for September 17.

Emerging Pictures will distribute the just-short-of-four hour-long film to 30 cities nationwide in a brief window before Paramount Home Video puts the documentary out on DVD. They're not looking to ticket sales to raise money, as the digital screenings will be open for free admission on a first-come, first served basis.

No Direction Home, the title comes from the lyrics of "Like a Rolling Stone," covers Dylan's life and music from 1961 through 1966 and features footage from Dylan's own private archives, as well as concert footage from the 1963, '64 and '65 Newport Folk Festivals and outtakes from D.A. Pennebaker's documentary Don't Look Back. Interviews with Alan Ginsburg, Pete Seeger and Joan Baez are also part of the film.

The Dylan documentary is also headed to public television. WNET will air the documentary over two nights in late September.

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

Anyone seen this?  Came out on DVD a couple days ago, correct?