Anamorphic Criterions

Started by Duck Sauce, February 18, 2003, 11:42:03 PM

Duck Sauce

Does anybody have a list of the anamorphic widescreen Criterion discs? Also, when did they start using anamorphic. I wanted to buy "How to Get Ahead in Advertising" but its letterboxed and I have to zoom in on it and the picture is terrible, so is a new version coming out now? Thanks.

SHAFTR

Can someone explain anamorphic to me?

thanks
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

Quote from: Duck SauceDoes anybody have a list of the anamorphic widescreen Criterion discs?

http://criterionco.com/asp/browse.asp

Just go down the list and click on each one to see. For example, "How To Get Ahead..." says:
Film Info
94 minutes
Color
1.85:1
Dolby Digital Stereo 2.0
Not Anamorphic
English

Quote from: Duck SauceAlso, when did they start using anamorphic.

Why aren't certain early Criterion DVDs anamorphically enhanced?

Criterion began releasing 16x9 enhanced DVDs with Insomnia (spine #47). Ever since, we have released anamorphic DVDs whenever possible. A large percentage of Criterion DVD releases are indeed enhanced for 16x9 televisions.

Criterion is considering the possibility of re-releasing some of our early DVDs in 16x9 enhanced editions. Please keep an eye on our website for any future news and updates regarding this project.

Quote from: Duck Sauceso is a new version coming out now? Thanks.

Criterion lost the rights to this disc and MGM will now release their own edition:

Release Information:
Studio: M G M, Inc
Theatrical Release Date: January 1, 1989
DVD Release Date: April 1, 2003
Run Time: 94 minutes

Edition Details:
• Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
• Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Duck Sauce

thanks Mac, what would I do without you. That new disc cover is absolutley awful.