Faulty Punch-Drunk Love disk?

Started by wallofbeans, August 14, 2003, 04:22:48 AM

wallofbeans

I got my superbit R1 copy of Punch-Drunk Love a while ago but have only just got around to watching it and I might have found a picture problem but I'm not sure.. it might be the way the film is..

CD-Wow are usually great at replacing fautly disks but I dont want to send it back unless there is a genuine probelm..

It's hard to explain but.. every so often there is what looks like interference on the picture.. a line will move up the screen as though I have bad tv reception or something.. or it'll jerk in and out very quickly, mostly for just a split second.. but obviously enough for me to notice!

It isnt interference though as my tv and dvd player are not connected to any kind of TV arial or cable or sky and when I play back the offending sections the 'interference' is in the same place every time and is even there when I frame by frame though it..

I've found a couple of examples of the problem:

The first I've spotted watching the film back was at chapter 6 at 24:18.. the interference line crosses the screen from left to right, cutting across Adam Sandlers upper arm (halfway between his elbow and shoulder).. it's there and gone in a frame or two but its there!

The second i noticed is at chapter 11 at 52:15.. just after the woman in Lena's building says "Are you barry?" as adam sandler pushes the door open.. again its a discolouration that cuts across the screen diagonally about a quarter of the way up the picture and again only for a frame or two..

These kind of things happen on maybe 6 occassions I've noticed during the film.. I am unsure whether they are intentional like the repeated lens flares in the movie or a genuine problem with my disk as I don't remember anything like when I saw the film in the cinema..

Can anyone check there disk to see if it has the same problems?

Thanks all[/u]

Pubrick

i see what the problem is..

You're losing your mind.
under the paving stones.

wallofbeans