official Fiona Apple thread

Started by neatahwanta, November 29, 2003, 05:24:09 PM

ono

It appears as though that webpage I linked to earlier has changed a bit every so often.  So, I found a playlist with all 11 songs from the performance, including the three new ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2k4KvPuyMM&feature=bf_prev&list=PL089E8BC224B6C38F&lf=results_main

modage

New Fiona single: http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/fiona-apples-new-single-is-here.html

Love the "I just want to feel everything" part. Don't love the "with my braaaaa-iiiiiii-n" part.

If this is the most commercial song on the album, yikes for the record company! Or maybe they just gave up.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: modage on April 23, 2012, 10:03:34 AMDon't love the "with my braaaaa-iiiiiii-n" part.

Same.

I'm hoping for more melody, less melisma.

polkablues

That didn't bother me, but then, I listen to a lot of Regina Spektor.
My house, my rules, my coffee

ono

Thxu.  My quite amateur sleuthing has turned up a track listing:

1. Every Single Night
2. Daredevil
3. Valentine
4. Jonathan
5. Left Alone
6. Werewolf
7. Periphery
8. Regret
9. Anything We Want
10. Hot Knife

June 19th, anyone?

Bethie

going to see her the first night of the tour. also, its the day her album drops.

so yeahh, june 19th, i'm in.
who likes movies anyway

SiliasRuby

Gonna see her at the last night of her tour at the hollywood palladium. Picking up the album the first day it comes out. This summer is gonna be epic!
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

ono

Anything We Want has leaked, a bit after

Werewolf did.

The former?  Epic.  I dig it already.  Has the manic machinations of her previous attempts, all the literal bells and whistles harken back to the beauty of Extraordinary Machine, while paving a path all its own.  Not sure how I feel about Werewolf.  Maybe a bit too literal, but that's okay.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

ono

Hot Knife is amazing, just melts me like buttah.  Great closer.  Too bad we had to wait seven years and nine songs for it.

Ghostboy

I think Hot Knife is my favorite song, but this whole album is amazing. Love all the strangled, gutteral stuff.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ono on June 23, 2012, 06:58:14 PM
Hot Knife is amazing, just melts me like buttah.  Great closer.  Too bad we had to wait seven years and nine songs for it.

Couldn't agree more. Very good song... though still I don't like the way she enunciates "feisty." The first nine do almost nothing for me. It just sounds like she didn't put much work into the songwriting. Is she really going to sing these songs on a tour? Like, repeatedly? It's confusing.

tpfkabi

I just bought the deluxe cd/dvd package. Looks pretty cool. Did you see her interview/performance on Fallon? I wonder who gave her the pool ball.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Jeremy Blackman

Fiona Apple and her captors: The saga begins

http://www.salon.com/2012/09/24/fiona_apple_and_her_captors_the_saga_begins/

After being held overnight on $10,000 bail in a Texas county jail cell Thursday, singer Fiona Apple narrated for a Houston audience, a cryptic version of her experience after her arrest:

Now, most of the people were very nice to me. There are four of you out there, and I want you to know that I heard everything you did. I wrote it all down with your names and everything you did and said stupidly thinking that I couldn't hear or see you. I then ripped the paper up, but not before I encoded it and– I got two lock boxes. We'll call them 'holding cell one' and 'holding cell two.' In 'holding cell one' is the encoded version of the shit that you did that I know was inappropriate and probably illegal. In 'holding cell two' is the decoder. I'm the only one who holds the key, and you and I will be intimate forever because I will hold that secret forever. Unless of course the celebrity that you had so much interest in but you wanted to accuse me of bringing up while you laughed at me all night? Unless you're interested in being a celebrity, I'll make you fucking famous any time you ask and I'll open those boxes. So why don't you stay in your fucking holding cell?

It's not clear what Apple is referring to, but the offenses sound serious. Hudspeth County officers don't seem to be upset; rather, Sheriff's Department spokesman Rusty Fleming seems to be egging her on. Fleming released the following statement, addressed to Apple:

First, Honey, I'm already more famous than you, I don't need your help. However, it would appear that you need mine. Two weeks ago nobody in the country cared about what you had to say, — now that you've been arrested it appears your entire career has been jump-started. Don't worry Sweetie, I won't bill you.

Next, have you ever heard of Snoop, Willie or Armand Hammer? Maybe if you would read something besides your own press releases, you would have known BEFORE you got here, that if you come to Texas with dope, the cops will take your DOPE away and put YOU in jail.

Even though you and I only met briefly in the hallway, I don't know you but I'm sure you're an awesome and talented young woman and even though I'm not a fan of yours, I am sure there are thousands of them out there, and I'm sure that they would just as soon you get this all behind you and let you go back to what you do best—so my last piece of advice is simple "just shut-up and sing.

Sincerely
Rusty Fleming

Neil

Do the words, "honey," and, "sweetie," in Rusty's response letter make anyone else feel uncomfortable?  Great spokesman.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.