Podcasts

Started by cron, October 31, 2005, 06:33:32 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Except it's our designated music forum. We've never taken that title literally. (By the same logic, we should move our discussions about NPR to Real-Life Soundtracks.) The title was meant to be a clever way of putting the idea of music in a cinephile frame (i.e. when you listen to music, that's your real-life soundtrack). I think we all agree it's definitely our music forum.

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Jeremy Blackman

No poll. :yabbse-thumbdown:

Also, when you read through this thread, people are mostly discussing and recommending film/comedy/humor/sports/general podcasts.

Pubrick

I moved it the last time. The main reason for me is to get discussions out of idle chatter. If something fits vaguely or technically somewhere else I would prefer it goes there than fitting it all in this extremely general category.  

Real life soundtracks is justified not just because its something that you listen to during your daily activities but to me its more the universal experience that its something you listen to on your portable audio device. Who cares whether it's music or not, it's not like we will suddenly be inundated with a million threads for different podcasts. It's just a general grouping for things we listen to.

But the main reason is to get things out of idle chatter. This is also why I have suggested in the past that sports discussion be moved to The Small Screen. It is mainly a TV watching experience, the Superbowl, Olympics,etc. are huge episodic TV events no different than Cheers. We may get into some trouble with things like video games but i think that's too interactive to be thought of as a TV experience (and can also be PC/portable), as well as current news/world events as they are things of actual consequence that can be left in general discussion.

To be honest the last couple of things probably could use their own forum but we've got enough as it is, and they will have to make do with their best fit,. I just wish it wasn't always idle chatter.
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Maybe all the director forums could be merged into one thread and then we could divide Idle Chatter into a bunch of more specific and appropriate sub-forums.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Jeremy Blackman

I've listened to 10 "Breaking Bad Insider" episodes... needless to say it's very good. But I should probably take a break now.

mogwai

Are those ones available on iTunes?

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

72teeth

hope he talks about my gramma.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: 72teeth on October 06, 2011, 02:22:51 PM

I meant to tell you, but they talked about your gramma in the podcast. Not even kidding.

Unfortunately, I don't think Cranston was on that podcast.

72teeth

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on October 06, 2011, 03:13:06 PM

I meant to tell you, but they talked about your gramma in the podcast. Not even kidding.

you fuckin with me?, i though i listened to the whole thing, i don't remember no gramma talk  :ponder: did i not finnish it?  :ponder: did i not start it? 

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: 72teeth on October 08, 2011, 08:56:41 PM
Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on October 06, 2011, 03:13:06 PM

you fuckin with me?, i though i listened to the whole thing, i don't remember no gramma talk  :ponder: did i not finnish it?  :ponder: did i not start it?  

Sorry, I meant the Breaking Bad Insider podcast.

They talk about her and the two other ladies that accompanied her in that episode. Nothing too exciting, but it's like a 1-3 minute discussion within the podcast.

72teeth

Aw man! Thank you so much JB! Im so goddamn proud of that lady, can't wait to show her this! :bravo: God i hope this keeps going for her, she's had one hell of a life and totally deserves to now have fun for a living. Look out Lupe Ontiveros, theres a new little mexican lady in town!

oh, and not to stray too far away from the other great news: Amy on WTF!!! WhoopWhoop!!!

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Reel

great 900th post. Your gramma was on Breaking Bad?