Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

freakerdude

Quote from: Alexandroand about the artwork on kid a...I found this on book or magazzine (i don't know what it is) called Communication Arts, from february 2002...there's a picture of the Kid A cover in one page, and there'e a paragraph under it that says this: "Most of our campaigns begin with graphics from the cover and/or the package. Radiohead has broken ranks on their recent release, and I followed much of what was to follow on their Web Site and experimental video blips", said Tommy Steele of Capitol Records. Stanley & Tchock, landscapes/knives/glue.
Landscapes, Knives, and Glue: Stanley & Tchock credit appears in the jacket but wasn't sure if that was it.

Thanks

FYI in Maxim's October issue , I came across this editors favorite RH albums:

OK Comp      5 stars
3 Bends        4 stars
Pablo Honey  3
Amnesiac      2
Kid A            1
MC Pee Pants

classical gas

why is there so much competition about bands and who is better and so on?  i think music used to be a good thing, but now it's a battle ground.  the good music of our era serves one purpose: to destroy the pop shit we're fed every minute by mtv.  if it's different and original, it's all good in my book.  if you like a band, you like that band, but if you like nickelback or matchbox 20, i'll cut you.

godardian

Full-page Richard Avedon photograph of Thom Yorke w/ Merce Cunningham and Jon Thor Birgisson of Sigur Ros on page 97 of today's New Yorker. Apparently, Cunningham has a show incorporating their music...
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Gsus4

httt: 14/14
am: 10/11
k: 9/10
okc: 11/12
b: 12/12
ph: 10/12

66/71 = 92.957746478873239436619718309859%

best band
easily
(played 3X0013)

tpfkabi

Stanley Donwood has done all the artwork for the band since The Bends.........Tchock is Thom......he does some of it too.........the won a grammy for best special packaging for the Amnesiac booklet

OK Computer is my favorite album of all time........it's opened so many other doors for me it's insane.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: bigideasOK Computer is my favorite album of all time........it's opened so many other doors for me it's insane.

I just had a thought... OK Computer = Magnolia, HTTT = Punch-Drunk Love?

SHAFTR

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: bigideasOK Computer is my favorite album of all time........it's opened so many other doors for me it's insane.

I just had a thought... OK Computer = Magnolia, HTTT = Punch-Drunk Love?

Going with that, The Bends = Boogie Nights, Pablo Honey = Hard Eight
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

tpfkabi

i'm not sure i'm getting you analogy.

do you mean Magnolia "opened some many doors for you...."

what about Kid A / Amnesiac?? the only thing left is Couch

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: bigideaswhat about Kid A / Amnesiac?? the only thing left is Couch

Yeah, that's the tough part. Umm... how about SNL Fanatic?

tpfkabi

Sleuth

Saturday Night Live's parody of Music Television's Fanatic show directed by Paul Thomas Anderson
I like to hug dogs

tpfkabi

is it good?

did anyone ever make a DVD with this and Couch and his short films? i want to see them very badly.

someone really should do this.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: bigideasdid anyone ever make a DVD with this and Couch and his short films? i want to see them very badly.

SNL Fanatic is included in The Best of Molly Shannon DVD. It's worth it... I think it's one of the greatest things PTA has done. Couch is good, but not mind-blowing. You need to see SNL Fanatic first.

tpfkabi

i have seen Couch. i really like the look of it or mainly that first shot framed in the window......that whole thing is very Tati, a very zany Tati

i would buy the new Chris Farley or will ferrell before Shannon, actually i prob will ask for that for Christmas

it would be nice to have all of these(pta's unavailable shorts) on DVD. i'm sure someone here (prob several) has the capabilites to do this. i remember there was a thread a few moons ago about it, but i don't think anything was done (unless it was kept to the xixax elite =))

aclockworkjj

been done before...but this jj don't give a fuck.  play along....

"I dunno...why you bother....."