The Walkmen

Started by BrainSushi, July 01, 2003, 04:21:04 AM

BrainSushi

Just got their album (Everyone Who Pretended To Like Me Is Gone) and it's really great.

They've got a really great sound, which I don't know if it was intended or due to lack of high quality recording equipment. Either way, they're really awesome.

Sigur Rós

Mesh

Quote from: BrainSushiThey've got a really great sound, which I don't know if it was intended or due to lack of high quality recording equipment.

A little of both, I think.  They were Jonathan Fire Eater, more or less, a while back, and were on a major label, so they probably made EWPTLMIG on the cheap.....but I'm sure they now that lo-fi aesthetic suits them well.  Evidence:  that piano ain't tuned quite right, but it just works, ya know?

Sleuth

The title track is my favorite
I like to hug dogs

BrainSushi

Quote from: tremoloslothThe title track is my favorite

I like Wake Up and Stop Talking.

Pubrick

i thought everyone had agreed they were a one hit wonder.
under the paving stones.

BrainSushi

Quote from: Pi thought everyone had agreed they were a one hit wonder.

Who says that? I like 'em and I can't wait 'till their next album (which they hope to finish recording by the end of the year)

Are they even big enough to be one hit wonders?

jokerspath

Quote from: BrainSushi
Quote from: Pi thought everyone had agreed they were a one hit wonder.

Who says that? I like 'em and I can't wait 'till their next album (which they hope to finish recording by the end of the year)

Are they even big enough to be one hit wonders?

I assumed that was sarcasm that didn't play too well...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Pubrick

to tell u the truth i havn't bothered checking if the walkmen are who i think they are.
under the paving stones.

jokerspath

Quote from: Pto tell u the truth i havn't bothered checking if the walkmen are who i think they are.

I'd smile if you mixed them up w/ the Proclaimers...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Pubrick

hah the proclaimers, no. i just checked the walkmen out and they aren't who i thought.

i don't know who i confused them with.. they sucked tho.
under the paving stones.

jokerspath

P, dig your signature.

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Pubrick

cheerio, urs better not be a spoiler cos i havn't read American Psycho yet. only the first page.

now go pay respect.
under the paving stones.