For Your Consideration - Dekapenticon's Campaign Thread!

Started by cine, November 26, 2005, 03:19:26 AM

SoNowThen

I vote for Jesus Christ as well.

Actually, Stroszeck IS my fav Herzog, and I noticed that someone posted a pic of it, so it seems like a good movie to rally behind, seeing as how most of his best (+ Aguirre, Kasper, Heart Of Glass) are so close.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

well it doesnt matter because discussion is not part of this thread and i made that clear. this thread was never for pre-planning whats voted. im pretty sure my first post laid out what this thread was for. if you wanna figure out what the general consensus is on the best herzog film or whatever.. we'll all see you in the herzog thread.

back to business, everyone.

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

w/o horse

Pubrick I know I'm all "Hey a short time here!" but I really have no clue what movies you like and would like to.

Edit:  Kubrick.  You like Kubrick.  . . .and then I'm at a loss.  But yes I get that you like Kubrick.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pubrick

ok everyone i just merged the rallying posts from this thread with their respective directors, notice in the Director's Chair there are now bumped threads for Herzog, Bergman, and Ratner.

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on November 28, 2005, 04:21:28 AM
Pubrick I know I'm all "Hey a short time here!" but I really have no clue what movies you like and would like to.

Edit:  Kubrick.  You like Kubrick.  . . .and then I'm at a loss.  But yes I get that you like Kubrick.
it's funny, apart from ur first few weeks here i don't think u've noticed i'm the biggest defender u hav on the board. i like most of the same stuff as u with some major exceptions (me and u and everyone we know, korine).

i'll post my campaign picks soon. for more info PM me.
ps. "would like to." doesn't make any sense.   :|
under the paving stones.

w/o horse

Quote from: Pubrick on November 28, 2005, 04:54:00 AM

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on November 28, 2005, 04:21:28 AM

it's funny, apart from ur first few weeks here i don't think u've noticed i'm the biggest defender u hav on the board. i like most of the same stuff as u with some major exceptions (me and u and everyone we know, korine)

First of all I like Korine.  Second of all I like everyone here but especially people who talk movies a lot but I seem to run into them the most.  Makes sense.

Quoteps. "would like to." doesn't make any sense.   :|

Because I ended in a subjunctive?  I 'would like to' know what movies you like.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

w/o horse

Weak2ndAct

Barry Lyndon
Point Blank
The Third Man
Contempt
Sullivan's Travels

Gold Trumpet

Find Your Magali

hedwig

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

movies you all should have seen and all shouldn't forget on voting day.

hitchock's best movie!

i get heat for it, but i know there's other people out there that love this movie. come on, fellas. let's band together and prove to the world that xixax movie lists aren't about who can be the most "cultured" and pretentious. this is our list of FAVORITE movies. and, i know i'm going over, and i know this one will never make it, but...

food for thought.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls