kill bill: the whole bloody affair

Started by Alethia, June 05, 2004, 12:03:13 AM

Ravi

MacGuffin

From The Digital Bits:

Finally, our sources are telling that Miramax's forthcoming special editions of Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill films are tentatively due in August. We'll post more as it comes in.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

List Price: $17.95

About the Author
D K Holm is a reviewer of books, movies and DVDs for Kevin Smith's website, MoviePoopShoot. He is author of Robert Crumb's conversations and a biography of Quentin Tarantino.

Product Description:
This comprehensive analysis is the only current book on Tarantino's 2 Kill Bill films. Included in this exciting, exhaustive compilation are: * a scene-by-scene analysis of both Kill Bill movies * overview of director Quentin Tarantino' work * profiles of all major actors in Kill Bill 1 & 2 * profiles of films which influenced Kill Bill * details on posters, trailers, teasers, early drafts and cuts * early casting * critical reviews * interview with David Carradine * cross-references and index * illustrations, featuring an 8page color section.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

finlayr

Can somebody please tell me the title of the Morricone song in Kill Bill Volume 2.  I checked the credits and everything.  

It's the part where Uma Thurman is walking towards the camera on her way to Budd's trailer, looking bloodied and bashed after getting out of the grave.  It comes straight after Elle Driver is driving to Budd's.  She gets out of her car and then walks up to Budd with the suitcase full of money.  Then cut to:  a Lawrence of Arabia-like homage complete with squak from a bird and a great looking heat wave.
Filmmaker

MacGuffin

Quote from: finlayrCan somebody please tell me the title of the Morricone song in Kill Bill Volume 2.  I checked the credits and everything.  

"The Sunny Road To Salina" - Bernard Girard-Christophe

Skeleton FilmWorks

finlayr

MacGuffin, Merci.  Truly.  No, seriously..
Filmmaker

MacGuffin

Tarantino brings Kill Bills together
Source: iol.ie

Movie-maker Quentin Tarantino is planning to re-release his Kill Bill movie saga as one complete film with an intermission.

The cult director plans to start work on merging Kill Bill: Vol. 1 and Kill Bill: Vol. 2 once the holiday season is over and hopes to release it in selected cinemas late next year [2006].

He says: "I want to cut the whole movie together like one big epic with an intermission in the middle like a 60s film. It'll be coming out in theatres.

"I've been holding off because I've been working on it for so long that I just wanted a year off from Kill Bill and then I'll do the big supplementary DVD package."

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 03, 2006, 08:57:49 PM
"I've been holding off because I've been working on it for so long that I just wanted a year off from Kill Bill and then I'll do the big supplementary DVD package."

Upon reading Tarantino's comments, Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson rubbed his thumb and forefinger together and was quoted as saying, "You see this?  This is the world's smallest violin playing just for Quentin."

He says: "I want to cut the whole movie together like one big epic with an intermission in the middle like a 60s film.

WE GET IT. WE GET IT.
context, context, context.

modage

Quote from: kurtzsparrow on January 04, 2006, 09:26:04 AM

Upon reading Tarantino's comments, Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson rubbed his thumb and forefinger together and was quoted as saying, "You see this?  This is the world's smallest violin playing just for Quentin."
haha, seriously.   :bravo: :yabbse-thumbup: :bravo:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: MacGuffin on February 09, 2005, 04:59:57 PM
From The Digital Bits:

Finally, our sources are telling that Miramax's forthcoming special editions of Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill films are tentatively due in August. We'll post more as it comes in.

:ponder:, what about the whole bloody affair? 

jigzaw

Quote from: pyramid machine on January 04, 2006, 08:36:25 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on February 09, 2005, 04:59:57 PM
From The Digital Bits:

:ponder:, what about the whole bloody affair? 

Well, Miramax said in the beginning that there would be the bare-bones editions of each film, then special editions of each film, and THEN the super duper deluxe edition with The Whole Bloody Affair.  Lots of dipping.  I haven't bought any Kill Bill DVD's yet and it looks like a looong time before I do.

MacGuffin

Sources for thedigitalbits are telling us that the reason for the delay of Quentin Tarantino's long-awaited Kill Bill: Special Edition DVDs, is that the release rights to the Kill Bill films have left Miramax with the departure of the Brothers Weinstein. That would mean that any DVD release is going to be handled directly by The Weinstein Company, through their new DVD distribution partner, Genius Products (Derailed will be the first Weinstein film to be released by Genius on disc, on 3/21).

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ultrahip

anyone know that super 70's sounding song which plays right before volume 1 starts, during that swirly purple screen, "this is presented in cinemascope" or whatever it says. there's a remix called old school by talib kwali and mf doom, but what's the original version?

grazie.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ultrahip on February 17, 2006, 05:05:06 PM
anyone know that super 70's sounding song which plays right before volume 1 starts, during that swirly purple screen, "this is presented in cinemascope" or whatever it says. there's a remix called old school by talib kwali and mf doom, but what's the original version?

grazie.

It's the Shawscope logo and theme from the Shaw Brothers films.

Skeleton FilmWorks