the strokes

Started by Rudie Obias, January 16, 2003, 04:44:51 PM

squints

I got 15 minutes from somewhere else but the first lyrics are: "It was all just a dream...oh no"..is that the same song? if it is...i'm digging it much more than Juicebox or On the Otherside. Something about the bass playing on those two songs really pisses me off. You only live once is great and I still have pretty high hopes for the whole album
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

killafilm

Hmm...

15 Minutes reminds me of The Walkmen :saywhat: Sorry Mod.

squints

Quote from: killafilmHmm...

15 Minutes reminds me of The Walkmen :saywhat: Sorry Mod.

i completely agree
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

JG

All these songs are growing on me.  I like em

context, context, context.

modage

another strokes song, "Razor Blade" leaked here: http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1D04U4BCF2DB03E8K8OIZPJ3ZH
or here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P8PYLPTJ
get it quick.  this is getting ridiculous
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pozer

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Perineum Falcon

What's everyone's first impressions?  :wink:

Are any of the songs previously leaked any different?

Yay or Nay?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

previous songs are the same.

i'd say YAY. i like evening sun a lot

it's strange  because two years ago the belle and sebastian and strokes albums came at the same time and both were considered dissapointments and these new two albums are good on first listen.

tpfkabi

are the tracks up individually in mp3 format anywhere?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Pozer

sO my sister won tickets on KROQ for the show at The Troubadour in L.A. this Friday.  She's taking me wouldn't you know it!  Can't wait, I've wanted to see 'em since they first came out.  Love The Strokes, love the new will love the live.

Pozer

This band is so damn good live.  I've never seen 'em before but after talkin' with some peeps at the show who have years ago, I got the impression that they really perfected their live performance.  They spread out their songs perfectly, starting with 'Juicebox' (damn good intro song to get the energy goin') then a couple of new never before heard songs then a mixture of all three albums.  They began their encore with 'New York City Cops' and ended it with 'Take It Or Leave It' which is of course the perfect note to end on.  I just love this band, I don't care what.  And The Troubadour... I've been to nothing but arenas and outdoor venues this year and none of the shows  I've seen compare to the up close and personal atomsphere.

Oh yeah, saw Drew Barrymore, Keanu Reeves (guess what his reply was when the show ended), Jason Shwartzman, Incubus singer and Kirsten Dunst (I won't even go into the brief but irrelevant connection we had while brushing by eachother -  I've never been a big fan at all tell seeing her in person last night).