a thematic dossier

Started by rustinglass, May 19, 2004, 11:05:43 AM

ElPandaRoyal

Well, thanks for the compliment, but it was you who passed and so the merit is yours. Now, just keep on doing like you've been doing so far. You'll make it.

As for any websites, I think Ghostboy has some interesting information about filmmaking on his site.

EDIT: Damn, it was on this page http://www.road-dog-productions.com/filmmaking.html but it under construction.  :?
Si

Recce

Quotebut she has a cronic condition that her eye tears constantely (like Samuel L. Jackson in that film that he gets shot in the face and survives, I forgot the name).

Kiss of Death with David Carusso.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113552/

Sorry, I know its late, but it was bugging me.
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

rustinglass

Dear xixaxian friends, it was very hard and competitive, and I was admitted to the film school.
I am under a lot of pressure, because I also got admitted to the best and most prestigious technic school of the country, and I'm taking an engineering degree, so I have to choose. And it's the most difficult choice I've ever done. I've worked very hard to get into each school, and it's sad to abandon one of them, whatever that may be.

I must research possibilities to secure my position in one of them while I attend the other....

the deadline is wednesday.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Stefen

Go to the engineering school. You don't need school to be a filmmaker, you need school to be an engineer, ya know?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

kotte

Do what feels right...but as said, you don't need filmschool.

ono

Do you want to be an engineer or do you want to be a filmmaker?  Either way, what Stefen says makes most sense.  You can pick up most of the technical stuff from experience, books, and making films.  Not so much with engineering where I'd think it'd behoove you to get some proper instruction.  It all depends on what you think you need more formal training for.  You can always make films while studying to be an engineer, but you will miss out on opportunities in the field because you weren't submersed in it.

Slick Shoes

If you want to be a filmmaker, it is always valuable to study other things besides filmmaking.

rustinglass

I decided to take engeneering. My government feels that it is unfair that I can maintain my place in two universities, no matter how hard I worked to get it. I'm very sad to give up filmschool but I figured that it's more likely for me to take up film studies after I become an engineer than the other way around. Also, if I graduate from this university, my future is set and I'm free to do whatever I want, if I was to go to the filmschool now and didn't like it, I would be fucked.

It was a hard decision to make and I'm very very sad today, but I felt that this was the right thing to do.

But thanks again for all your help.

I'm very proud of my eyeball piercing story. I love to see people's faces cringe when I tell them about it.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: rustinglassI decided to take engeneering.

I got kinda shocked when I read this. But ok, I have to admit, you're taking the safer route. And, well, I still may call you to work on some of my films, though  :wink:

By the way, I'm really enjoying my beginning in my new school. I'm actually quite orgasmic about it. However, I have this class called Dramatic Expression and that kind of scares me. It's like an acting class and I know I wasn't born to be an actor at all (tough I have to admit I kind of liked my first day in that class) :?
Si

rustinglass

Quote from: ElPandaRoyalI still may call you to work on some of my films, though  :wink:

Yeah, now i'm counting on that, especially if there's any chance of me scoring with hot actresses :-D , you now what they say about my university: " 90% are guys, 95% shave their moustasche ", not quite true, but there are days that it feels true :(  :( .
-Emir Kusturica

Sleepless

Quote from: GhostboyOne route, which has been done before but could still work, is to show her taking the piercing thing to extremes; show her having other piercings, and lots of 'em.

Scored to Judy Is A Punk!
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.