David Gordon Green

Started by MacGuffin, January 21, 2003, 10:50:11 AM

cowboykurtis

i wouldnt want to speak with you either... maybe if you were wearing heels.
...your excuses are your own...

Pozer

Confederacy, Confederacy, Confederacy!
Will Ferrell, Will Ferrell, Will Ferrell!

pookiethecat

my favorite part of all the real girls is by far the scene in the hospital, where patricia clarkson (who's fucking great in it by the way) and paul schneider are dancing as clowns for the kids with cancer.  that scene made me grin, genuinely.  the energy floated off the screen during that scene and i became a part of the mad clown dance.
i wanna lick 'em.

cine

pookiethecat

thanks for the welcome back
i wanna lick 'em.

Stefen

I just saw George Washington for the first time. I enhoyed it alot, but I think the thing I enjoyed most was the reunion between the cast. it was so surreal, it almost seemed like they were all so alike in the movie, yet they grew apart and were different in the reunion. But I guess thats acting. Oh and I got this criterion dvd for $10. A perfect used copy.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cowboykurtis

recently saw all the real girls after teh rave reviews opf all teh xixax clan -- i can say that i was let down -- was not impressed -- found it fairly lackluster and boring.
...your excuses are your own...

bonanzataz

am i the only one who doesn't like the idea of will ferrel as ignatius?

in casting the film in my mind, ignatius is played by al hirt and lana lee and darlene are played by tura satana and the blonde chick from "faster pussycat, kill kill!" respectively.

i hope that dgg can portray the trashy feel that one gets from the book.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleuth

I don't know if Ferrell can pull off the role, it worries me.  There were so many better choices.  I don't know if I'm even going to see the movie, I've never felt as strong about an adaptation as I do with this...
I like to hug dogs

Just Withnail

Quote from: SloyjI don't know if Ferrell can pull off the role, it worries me

I think he'll do just fine, with Green behind the camera. To me he's one of those directors who just drag great performances out of his actors, and I don't think Will Ferrell is a bad one at all. I can see how some might see nothing but a comedian, but I know I can glimpse real actor talent in him. I think he'll be great.

Sleuth

Actually, I think I'm more worried about the script.  Has anyone read it?  A review anywhere?  Mm?  Mm?
I like to hug dogs

bonanzataz

Quote from: Withnail
Quote from: SloyjI don't know if Ferrell can pull off the role, it worries me

I think he'll do just fine, with Green behind the camera. To me he's one of those directors who just drag great performances out of his actors, and I don't think Will Ferrell is a bad one at all. I can see how some might see nothing but a comedian, but I know I can glimpse real actor talent in him. I think he'll be great.

the only reason i don't like will in the role is b/c of his physical proportions (ignatius is very very fat) and i'm skeptical of whether or not he can put on a louisiana accent. hopefully, they'll use prosthetic make up and a fat suit on him and that will solve the weight issue, but i guess i'll just have to wait and see about that accent.

Quote from: SloyjActually, I think I'm more worried about the script.  Has anyone read it?  A review anywhere?  Mm?  Mm?

now that i think about it, me too. it's a pretty long book, i don't know what they could cut out of it to get it at a decent running time. but, once again, we'll see.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

RegularKarate

I don't think the book is so eventfull that it can't be covered in a film.

I do think that Will Farrell might not be the best person to play Ignatious.  I'm sure they'll give him a fat suit... I don't think you could have a thin Ignatious, but I just don't think he's the right kind of funny.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Steven Root

Disco Stu

If I'm not mistaken, hasn't Confederacy been scrapped (yet again)?
I used to do drugs.  I still do but I used to too!

Alethia

its still listed on imdb