Why does anyone like the Boondock Saints?

Started by Born Under Punches, April 22, 2003, 03:09:04 PM

Fernando

I rented this last year I think, mainly because I remembered this thread and said to me 'how bad can it really be?', now im convinced gt's "I'll love everything everyone hates" spirit got into me for thinking that because boy is it bad, fortunately I don't remember much about it except it looked poorly filmed, lit, edited, acted and that the green goblin was in it.

It's just another mediocre movie, not even a b-movie, just plain bad, I wish I could have helped pozer or stefen, although if you hear anyone raving about it just turn around and go somehwhere else, unless it's a girl you're interested in, then stay, you might get alexandro lucky.

Alexandro

i was lying. i haven't even seen boondock saints. i thought those stories were fake too. guys why do you do these to yourselves? i don't even argue about bad movies anymore with anyone.

but if someone says something like "sorry we didn't went to film school..." and all that, i would say: "sorry you don't know what the fuck you're talking about"...i do that all the time, really...just the other day, some fat guy i didn't know at a party asked me about Austin city limits, what bands were there and all that. we start mentioning bands and he says he's unimpressed, so i say "cool", and he says "who else was there?" and I'm like "shit, this isn't over yet". he says: "someone famous by any chance?"...and we were mentioning some bands: "gnarls barkley, raconteurs". he says: "i don't like the lineup"...now, i didn't wanted to go there but my girl said: "don't you like beck?", and he says: "what does he have, 2, 3 good songs at the most?"...and that did it. i said: "you know what, just stop it man, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about". he insists: "well, i mean, OK, he's good, but he doesn't fill up a stadium", and that was like firecrackers in my ass..."what the fuck do i care if he fills up a fucking stadium?"...."I'm talking about popular tastes"; he claims...by now i was totally pissed, so i was kind of making a little scene: "popular tastes can lick my balls, man!!!"...so he realized he just fucked it up with a maniac who happens to be a big beck fan and tries to back off like: "i mean these are just opinions"....i said: "just stop, please, i can't take seriously any fucking thing you say, please, this is embarrassing to me, please just stop". he did, and we left to a better party. you see? you can shut this assholes up by making them realize they are idiots and you know your shit, because you do...

fuck the ignorants, they deserve the disappointment that awaits them in life.

Stefen

It's a shitty movie. Probably the worst I've ever seen.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

Quote from: Stefen on October 15, 2008, 09:42:23 PM
Call up the dude that directed Boondock Saints. He's probably looking for some people to do shit with since he hasn't been very busy.

apparently he has..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8EuPMGhys8&feature=related

Stefen

haha, fucking shit, man. I fucking knew it. Ugh. That guy is pure awfulness. I hope hit mother gets kicked in the tits.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

So I was browsing an MMA forum and saw they made a thread about the Boondock Saints sequel.

This is what happens when meatheads converse about shitty films they think are good. Hilarity ensues. 

Some choice quotes.

Someone who says it's not a very good movie, and some dickhead says...

QuoteLet me guess - You like foreign french film like the rest of the Film nerds?

Boondock Saints is hilarious. Well directed. A masterpiece.

haha. Check out this jerks reply.

QuoteSaints is one of those movies if you dont have in youre own little collection then you should check you sexuality. Im not talking about the wife and kids stack. I mean the mans own stack. My stack= Warriors,Braveheart,Gladiatior,Vision Quest,Boondock Saints,

He pulled the questioning your sexuality card. A classic meathead tactic.

This piece of shit tries to get all philosophical and basically gives the worst reasons for liking shitty movies.

QuoteFilm people who bash Boondock Saints are missing the point. I'll go toe-to-toe with any of you over good cinema, but this is a POPCORN MOVIE and i loved it. I don't want to be watching a thinking man's movie every single day. I do that a ton, and I enjoy anaylzing good film, but there is a time and a place when I just want to space and watch people get blown the fuck up. Boondock Saints is a fine BTFU movie. I wont see All Saints Day in theater but I'll sure as hell watch it on HBO or cable when it hits.

I wonder what "thinking man's" movies this dolt is watching at least every other day?

Next up we got a meathead who hated the movie, but he's impressionable so he was peer pressured by other meatheads to give it another chance, and gee golly wiz, due to peer pressure, he liked it and is now the shitty directors biggest and shittiest fan.

Quoteyeah. you guys are right. i just rewatched it and it's really, really good. i'm looking forward to the sequel. finally, this duffy kid is back in the mix and i see good things in the future.

john

Quote from: Stefen on November 10, 2008, 04:16:20 PM
I wonder what "thinking man's" movies this dolt is watching at least every other day?

[/quote]

The Usual Suspects. Stuff with "twists". Stuff with "inside" gangster jargon.

Quote from: Stefen on November 10, 2008, 04:16:20 PM

He pulled the questioning your sexuality card. A classic meathead tactic.

I should give that a try more often.

"You didn't care for Days of Heaven? What are you, some sort of faggot?"

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

pete

Quote from: john on November 10, 2008, 05:16:37 PM
"You didn't care for Days of Heaven? What are you, some sort of faggot?"

MARRRQUEE.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

squints

There Will Be Blood is the best BTFU movie.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

private witt

Has anyone been to an open mic when some shaky old fart who's half homeless gets up and does a fifteen minute long, out of key, variable tempo medley of the best parts of what's left of his memory of some of his favorite classic rock songs? 

That's the kind of writing process I imagine Troy Duffy employed while making this ripoff piece of trash. 
"If you work in marketing or advertising, kill yourself.  You contribute nothing of value to the human race, just do us all a favor and end your fucking life."  ~Bill Hicks

pete

- Buster Keaton

children with angels

"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

The Perineum Falcon

Why are so many people in that video wearing BROWN on ST. PATRICK'S DAY in BOSTON?!

Oh, they're all fucking clueless.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

pete

I wore all red on a sunday once and then walked into a giant st. patrick's day parade and was heckled to death for 20 blocks.
- Buster Keaton