the secret life of walter mitty

Started by Alethia, July 17, 2003, 03:08:44 PM

MacGuffin

Sean Penn In Talks To Join Ben Stiller's 'The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty' Remake
BY MIKE FLEMING | Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Sean Penn is in negotiations to play a small but pivotal supporting role in 20th Century Fox's remake of The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty, the comedy that Ben Stiller is directing, with Stiller playing the title role. Stiller plays the timid magazine photo manager who goes off on an escapade to find a missing negative. Kristen Wiig, Adam Scott, Shirley MacLaine and Patton Oswalt also star. Penn most recently wrapped The Gangster Squad, playing L.A. gangster Mickey Cohen in the Ruben Fleischer-directed period cop drama at Warner Bros. He'll next be seen in the Paolo Sorrentino-directed This Must Be The Place and is being courted by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu for The Revenant. He's repped by CAA.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

72teeth

man, i remember reading about the Mitty remake back when i was scooping early Little Nicky pics, and i think Mike Myers was attached... what a long way to sucksville
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

MacGuffin

Release date: December 25, 2013

Starring: Ben Stiller, Kristen Wiig, Adam Scott, Patton Oswalt

Directed by: Ben Stiller

Premise: A timid magazine photo manager who lives life vicariously through daydreams embarks on a true-life adventure when a negative goes missing.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

polkablues

Recipe: take one pound of Wes Anderson, sprinkle liberally with Michel Gondry, and let simmer on a lukewarm stove for 90 minutes.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pwaybloe

Quote from: polkablues on July 30, 2013, 04:44:18 PM
Recipe: take one pound of Wes Anderson, sprinkle liberally with Michel Gondry, and let simmer on a lukewarm stove for 90 minutes.

That's kind of what I was thinking too.

pete

that falling thru the window shot is amazing
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Mel

What a entertaining mess of a film. I would compare it to Stretch Armstrong doll, since sometimes it is pulling audience in opposite direction to what has been shown previously. Some of the daydreaming at beginning was unnecessary, since it interrupted the film in a bad way - taking me out of it. Few scenes did feel like short films stitched together into feature and didn't provide that much beside visuals. Other scenes showed potential for more comedy, but instead film focused on more serious matters. It is a bit awkward sometimes, even cheesy and in the end lacking in substance.

Going to beginning, the problem with the film is arm stretching. It doesn't know what it should be and confused me a lot. It is highly stylized, playful and there is a lot of CGI. Yet simpler and more natural moments were the stronger parts of the film - at least I did feel so. I did enjoy it though.
Simple mind - simple pleasures...