a list

Started by bluejaytwist, June 04, 2004, 12:18:31 PM

bluejaytwist

the best way to:
fuck yourself and your films
as told by a flying bird

boast excessively (you havent got fuck all until its on film)
get too excited (murphy has laws in this town)
count your chickens (perhaps ties in with the first two)
trust people (they are miserable fuckers)
trust money (it is as fleeting as a high school crush)
trust people and their money (they are miserable fuckers)
boast of future accomplishments (karma kicks balls. hard)
trusting certain actors (if you wait too long, their heads may not fit through the door as easily from when you first met them)
jump the gun (patience will save you)

im sure there are more things
but this is currently what comes to mind

not accusing anyone
just self-analyizing
perhaps

sometimes it helps to write things down
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

ono

Quote from: bluejaytwistsometimes it helps to write things down
Indeed.  And, that whole list is great.  I don't have much experience yet, but I have made a couple shorts, and am working on writing some features now.  Scriptwriting is hard, and it really is an art.  And, the more I read about the process, and about festivals, it really is clear: it's all in the script.  So many people just want to make a film, but their scripts are laughable, and it shows in their finished products.  Sure, they made something, but it doesn't have any value.  I'm not saying my shit smells any better.  I don't know.  But it helps to realize the hard work that any sort of task along these lines entails.  That's where the patience thing bluejaytwist said comes in.  Definitely don't want to jump the gun in a big project.

mutinyco

The key there is: patience.

If you have that, it usually will put you in the correct frame of mind to deal with the other issues on the list.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe