Inside the actors studio

Started by Stringstroker, July 12, 2003, 12:54:35 AM

Ravi

Was this David Cross thing on Mr. Show or something else?

Which reminds me:  Next DVDs to buy are Mr. Show.

Alethia

i would be honored to be interviewed by mr. lipton.

i think they should put primetime glick out on dvd

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: RaviWas this David Cross thing on Mr. Show or something else?

Which reminds me:  Next DVDs to buy are Mr. Show.

The Ben Stiller Show and Mr. Show were two of my fave sketch comedy shows...

And no, the David Cross Lipton bit was on his standup routine, which was on....fuck, I wanna say HBO, but that's not right....DAMMIT!  Brain fart!
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Holden Pike

Cross did indeed do his scathing Lipton impression on "Mr. Show" (he starts washing the feet of the young Affleck-like subject by the end of the bit). He calls the character Cyrus Castilla Tetly, but it's clearly Lipton. It's one of the last episodes, #409, "Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions". And the HBO stand-up special where he does the rant is called "The Pride is Back", which originally aired in 1999.

And a best-of "Primetime Glick" is available on DVD through the Comedy Central website.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: Holden PikeCross did indeed do his scathing Lipton impression on "Mr. Show" (he starts washing the feet of the young Affleck-like subject by the end of the bit). He calls the character Cyrus Castilla Tetly, but it's clearly Lipton. It's one of the last episodes, #409, "Sad Songs Are Nature's Onions". And the HBO stand-up special where he does the rant is called "The Pride is Back", which originally aired in 1999.

And a best-of "Primetime Glick" is available on DVD through the Comedy Central website.

Why thank you, Holden.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

MacGuffin

Next Sunday, James Lipton will interview Mark Wahlberg.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Thrindle

Anyone seen the one with George Carlin?  That man is genius!
Classic.

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: ThrindleAnyone seen the one with George Carlin?  That man is genius!

You mean there was a new "Actors Studio" that was actually worth watching??!!!

Pubrick

Quote from: ThrindleAnyone seen the one with George Carlin?  That man is genius!
eh, he's no F Murray Abraham..
under the paving stones.

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinNext Sunday, James Lipton will interview Mark Wahlberg.
oh god, marky mark talking about his craft?   :roll:  theyre going to be spending a lot of time on like 3 movies...
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02theyre going to be spending a lot of time on like 3 movies...

And one will be Boogie Nights.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cine

reelistics07

I didnt know you could get a hernia from laughing too much?

UncleJoey

According to the episode description in TV Guide, Wahlberg raps in this episode.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

El Duderino

Quote from: UncleJoey

According to the episode description in TV Guide, Wahlberg raps in this episode.

:-D
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?