To Newbs, introduce yourself.

Started by Xixax, January 08, 2003, 01:13:48 PM

Sigur Rós

What the fuck is up with this Spanish shit?

RegularKarate

Quote from: Sigur Rós on April 02, 2007, 03:50:54 PM

What the hell are you talking about?

Bram

Well, Hello there. I'm new.
The reason why I came here is Fjodor. Before I took his Xixax-invitation I was a member of the TenNapel forums. They weren't really fond of users who love in-their-eyes-crap like Tideland, Kids, Gus van Sant, etc, so I recieved a lot of bashing. And than I ended up here. Thanks Fjodor.

About myself: I'm 18 years old, live in Holland, I'm a student in Video and Photography (like we call it back here) and I love to watch films, which was already clear at the start of this post. Favorites are 2001, Solyaris, Mulholland Dr., Zerkalo, Idi I Smotri and so on.
So, err... hi.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: RegularKarate on April 02, 2007, 04:33:47 PM
Quote from: Sigur Rós on April 02, 2007, 03:50:54 PM

What the hell are you talking about?

Maybe I was just really tired last night...but it looked as if everything was in Spanish...right? don't tell me I'm crazy...

Pubrick

Quote from: Meszahline on April 03, 2007, 06:32:43 AM
Well, Hello there. I'm new.
The reason why I came here is Fjodor. Before I took his Xixax-invitation I was a member of the TenNapel forums. They weren't really fond of users who love in-their-eyes-crap like Tideland, Kids, Gus van Sant, etc, so I recieved a lot of bashing. And than I ended up here. Thanks Fjodor.

About myself: I'm 18 years old, live in Holland, I'm a student in Video and Photography (like we call it back here) and I love to watch films, which was already clear at the start of this post. Favorites are 2001, Solyaris, Mulholland Dr., Zerkalo, Idi I Smotri and so on.
So, err... hi.

as the activator of your membership, welcome and hav a fjordtastic time. look around, see the sights. i recommend the kubrick forum.

Quote from: Sigur Rós on April 03, 2007, 06:45:57 AM
Maybe I was just really tired last night...but it looked as if everything was in Spanish...right? don't tell me I'm crazy...

joo crayzeh, mang.
under the paving stones.

Bram

Quote from: Pubrick on April 03, 2007, 08:45:11 AM
as the activator of your membership, welcome and hav a fjordtastic time. look around, see the sights. i recommend the kubrick forum.
Thanks. The Kubrick forum is a bit dead-ish, but I read some more and I like it already. The terrible addicition will come soon, doesn't it?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Did you guys filter Spanglish into Jewish or is Spanglish Spanish for Jewish?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

RegularKarate

Quote from: Walrus on April 03, 2007, 12:02:44 PM
Did you guys filter Spanglish into Jewish or is Spanglish Spanish for Jewish?

Or is Jewish Spanglish for Spanish?

How is this introducing yourself again?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Quote from: Walrus on April 05, 2007, 12:01:02 PM
Hi, I'm Walrus.

Welcome to the board, Walrus.  What's your favorite director?  Anyone good?

pzyktzle

Allen Smithee.

"sharply directed by Allen Smithee who has an adroit facility for scanning faces and extracting sharp background detail." - New York Times

Pubrick

you're not walrus.

and i don't get it.
under the paving stones.

pzyktzle

Quote from: Pubrick on April 05, 2007, 11:59:27 PM
you're not walrus.

no. but i felt like sharing anyways. i guess you must be the board nazi. hello there :) i'll endevour to not speak out of turn.

and i don't get it.

well, it wasn't all jokes. alan/allen/adam smithee is actually responsible for many films i love (for reasons that could be considered very wrong). but as for the quote:

Quote from: Wikipedia link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Smithee#Origin
The first known movie to use the Smithee pseudonym was Death of a Gunfighter (1969). During its filming, Richard Widmark was unhappy with director Robert Totten. He arranged to have Totten replaced by Don Siegel. When the film was finished, neither Totten nor Siegel wanted to be credited with the result. At first, it was decided that the credit should go to Al Smith, but the DGA reported there had already been a director by that name. The DGA decided the film could carry the pseudonym "Allen Smithee." The film was praised by critics, with The New York Times commenting that the film was "sharply directed by Allen Smithee who has an adroit facility for scanning faces and extracting sharp background detail."

polkablues

Quote from: pzyktzle on April 06, 2007, 01:17:04 AM
you're not walrus.

no. but i felt like sharing anyways. i guess you must be the board nazi. hello there :) i'll endevour to not speak out of turn.

I like him.  Let's keep him.
My house, my rules, my coffee