Superman: Man of Steel

Started by MacGuffin, February 24, 2010, 03:32:41 PM

Gold Trumpet

Michael Shannon recently talked about getting Superman gig. 3 minute plus clip that is worth watching because he's candid and amusing.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Russell Crowe Eyes 'Superman' Movie
The actor is in negotiations to play the Kryptonian father in "Man of Steel."
Source: THR

Russell Crowe is negotiations to play the Kryptonian father of Superman in Man of Steel, the Zack Snyder-directed relaunch of Warners' Superman franchise. The casting of heavyweight Crowe in the role has a ring of synchronicity to it as it harkens back to the casting of heavyweight Marlon Brando in Warner's 1978 Superman movie. Brando was famously paid $16 million dollars for the part that amounted to 15 minutes of screen time. Details of how large the role (a scientist who forsees the destruction of his planet and squires his infant son into an escape rocket bound for Earth) is in Man of Steel are not being revealed. Steel already has Kevin Costner playing Jonathan Kent, the human father of Superman, who is being played by Henry Cavill. Christopher Nolan is producing the movie, which is heading for a late summer or fall start in Vancouver. Crowe, repped by WME, last starred in The Next Three Days. Sean Penn and Clive Owen were reportedly considered for the role.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Laurence Fishburne To Play Perry White In 'Man Of Steel'
Source: Playlist

Get ready for the worst geek hand-wringing and casual racism this side of the Idris Elba/ "Thor" embarrassment that cropped up a few months ago: EW reports that Laurence Fishburne has been cast as Perry White in Zack Snyder's forthcoming "Man of Steel."

Previously played by Jackie Cooper and Frank Langella in earlier iterations of the Superman movies, White is the demanding Editor-In-Chief of The Daily Planet where our humble Clark Kent works when he's not running around in tights. But he's a white guy in the comics! Yeah, who cares. Race doesn't play in this role, Fishburne is a great addition to the already solid cast and frankly, he's a solid fit the part of the newspaper man who wants the best out of his staff.

Fishburne has been a regular on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" for the past three seasons, but recently left the show and has rebounded into movies quite nicely. So thumbs up on this bit of casting and really, across the board, "Man of Steel" has racked up a pretty great ensemble. Fishburne joins Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner, Michael Shannon, Antje Traue, Russell Crowe, Julia Ormond Harry Lennix and Christopher Meloni in the film that is already constructing sets for a fall shoot. "Man of Steel" flies into theaters on June 14, 2013.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Stefen

Another style over substance fanboy comic book movie reboot only a few years after the last one.

Whoopety fucking doo.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

polkablues

Oh, dear god, I hope they include the origin story.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Fernando

I had hope because of Nolan's involvement, but when they hired zack, I feared that we would see Sup flying eternally in slo-moe and the action polluted with cgi, I want to be wrong.

also, that is the fakest vault ive ever seen.

polkablues

I see the iconic Superman spit-curl has been replaced by a giant bulging forehead-vein.
My house, my rules, my coffee

cronopio 2

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

Why does he have two smoke trails behind him?
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Jeremy Blackman

One for each foot. He's wearing rocket boots.

Fernando