Now Playing

Started by Mesh, May 15, 2003, 05:18:24 PM

Reel

I guess I used a cry-ley because its sad music on the album like all of Danger mouse's, Jack White's, -Those two gotta my be favorite artists out, but it's triumphant and poppy too. It's also a cry-ley because it wasn't enough, Too short Dangermouse! Too many interludes, not enough singing.   I know all of you don't care for my tastes, I'm not trying to convert anyone, but check it out. I think its pretty groovy. Dangermouse is like the Tarantino of music, the way he uses personalities and transforms perceptions of them, and this a Tarantino-y album if anything. I know, I know BOOOOOOOOOO Tarantino!

cronopio 2

it is a good song.

RegularKarate

Bon Iver: Bon Iver

Still figuring this one out.  Starts out really strong, seems to lose me a little toward the end then ends with I don't know what.

modage

I hadn't really listened to him before but I've been playing this new one. I have no idea what to think of it. Some of it is like Passion Pit covering Phil Collins.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Quote from: modage on May 24, 2011, 02:09:01 PM
I hadn't really listened to him before but I've been playing this new one. I have no idea what to think of it. Some of it is like Passion Pit covering Phil Collins.

By "some of it", do you mean that last song?
Listen to the first one, it's so great.  I really like the way this one starts out.  I've only listened a couple times, but it's growing on me.
Except that last song.  Maybe if I could understand what he's saying.

OrHowILearnedTo

Agreed with the beginning, it's excellent, but I absolutely love "Beth / Rest." It's definitely 80's inspired, and basically an extension of some of the stuff he was doing with GAYNGS, which i also really adore. The album starts to lose me in the middle though, at "Michicant" I start to lose attention, then drift in and out intermittently until "Calgary," which freaking rules. The last 3 tracks are pure gold as far as i'm concerned. Even the slight auto-tuning doesn't really bother me.

Gloria

None of you may admit it, but I have a feeling all of you are jamming out to some Lady Gaga right now.  :wink:

Not as consistently good as the Fame Monster, but it's a fun album.  "Edge of Glory" is my favorite right now.

cronopio 2

i've only recently started listening to the arctic monkeys .i was really into the libertines when they started to become big and i thought they were only a massive ripoff. this EP is very soothing. exactly the type of music i needed for these days.

modage

I've never really been into the Arctic Monkeys (maybe a song here and there) but I really like this EP.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

squints

sweet fuckin' sex music.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I always love when someone suggests sex music, because I do not get the vibe of getting laid to this song at all.  Some people suggest to me that Beach House is great sex music, some say Iron & Wine.  I wouldn't not have sex because this song was on, but I doubt any juices would be flowing on this song alone.

That being said, I'm digging this song, but it is a far cry from Test Icicles and Lightspeed Champion.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

mogwai

squints

Quote from: walrus, the on June 03, 2011, 10:52:06 PM
I always love when someone suggests sex music, because I do not get the vibe of getting laid to this song at all.  Some people suggest to me that Beach House is great sex music, some say Iron & Wine.  I wouldn't not have sex because this song was on, but I doubt any juices would be flowing on this song alone.

That being said, I'm digging this song, but it is a far cry from Test Icicles and Lightspeed Champion.

I get down to Grouper and Sung tongs....so i guess i'm weird like that or the chicks i'm banging are weird. I once had sex with a girl who demanded we listen to Meshuggah while we did it.

Had no idea Lightspeed Champion existed til i showed someone this song last night and they were like oh i know that guy and introduced me to Lightspeed...great stuff.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Reel

thx I rly like them. That cover rules, I get a Butthole surfers vibe on this album, do you?