72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

I am Schmi

Quote from: Pozer on August 26, 2012, 12:23:07 PM
looks like 9/14 @ the arclight will be my day  :rofl:

considering taking the day off to catch it twice in a row if feasible  :shock:

havnt done something cray cray like that since pdl

Hey Pozer, I'm going to try and catch the Arclight 9/14 showing as well. Maybe we should buy a couple of tickets when they hit the market, just in case one of us can't snatch them in time? I'm sure there'll be some other folks from here who'll miss them. What do you say?

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: 72teeth on August 26, 2012, 03:15:26 PM
from the Italian Interview over at Cigs&Vines

Spoils i guess, if youre trying not know what to expect

Can we define The Master as a "father and sons" story?
"To me it's mainly a story of two lovers. Not in the erotic way, but because of the irresistible attraction that the two stars have between each other."

How would you pitch this movie to a producer?
"I would say this is a chance to have two great roles".

And to the actors?
"A chance for a love story"

yes, above all, i would agree that The Master is a love story.
Spoiler
That's really interesting, it might shed some light on the poster design. I initially thought it represented the power struggle between the 3 main characters, but considering what has been said, it might refer to a love triangle between them.

Two main forms of love triangle have been distinguished: "there is the rivalrous triangle, where the lover is competing with a rival for the love of the beloved, and the split-object triangle, where a lover has split their attention between two love objects".

Judging by the poster and other promotional material, The Master may include both forms.

InTylerWeTrust

QuoteCan we define The Master as a "father and sons" story?

"To me it's mainly a story of two lovers. Not in the erotic way, but because of the irresistible attraction that the two stars have between each other."

Funny that Paul said that. Because that's exactly what I think of TWBB. There's this "violent romance" going on between DDL and DANO, that is not necessarily erotic but the best way I could describe it is: "BROMANCE".

I like the theory that some people have that the final scene in TWBB is actually an allegory to "sex". Which is actually what reminds me the most of Kubrick in that movie (most people will immediately point out the "kubrickian" style of the bowling alley and all that, but they fail to pay attention to how the scene builds up and plays out). Remember Kubrick would always have prominent sexual symbolism and metaphors through out his movies (take the Title sequence of DR. STRANGELOVE for example).

If you analyze the final scene of TWBB you would see it does play out like a "sex scene". With both characters talking to each other passionately, building up the tension, then Lewis grabs Dano and throws him on the floor and starts throwing pins at him (which sound like BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG everytime they hit the floor), then Dano starts calling out Daniel's name over and over again in a quasi-orgasmic tone and then we get to the climax, the final BOOM! and then they both lay there... "dead"/ exhausted....

And of course then Plainview wraps it all up perfectly:  "I'M FINISHED"..... Absolutely Beautiful  :bravo:

Now that may not mean anything to some of you, But I'm just saying..  It's interesting stuff to think about. I'm sure we'll get a similar dynamic between PSH and Phoenix in The Master....  2 sides of the same coin and all that shit.
Fuck this place..... I got a script to write.

malkovich

The Master Trailer (Exclusive Trailer Premiere)- IMDB

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2384700697/

seems to be the one attached to the bourne legacy that people were talking about

InTylerWeTrust

OH MY GOOOOOOOD! MELORA WALTERS!!!!   :yabbse-grin:  :bravo:

BTW that isn't Amy adams with the shotgun (as people claimed), that's Ambyr Childers shooting..

P.S: Ambyr sticking her tongue out to the camera is Disturbingly sexy.....  New Avatar...

InTylerWeTrust

PSH and Melora hugging at 0:19 brings a smile to my face...

HeywoodRFloyd

How does one download 1080p video from IMDB.. Does anyone know?

Ps: Is anyone else surprised that we haven't at all seen Laura Dern in the film yet? However H.M Tilford seems to be up to his usual shenanigans... pissing off the protagonist.

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on August 27, 2012, 08:16:28 PM
How does one download 1080p video from IMDB.. Does anyone know?

You can't and this trailer is 720p only.

Take that link I put up from Youtube and go to http://keepvid.com/... Enter the link and hit "download 720p" and that's it. Pretty Easy.

HeywoodRFloyd

There must be a way to download from IMDB, otherwise how did that user on youtube post it. I'm asking because Youtube compresses the video uploaded, you can see many compression artifacts in the youtube video, so I don't want to download it from there.

Ps: The score for this trailer is extremely different, it feels as if it it's not even Greenwood

InTylerWeTrust

Quote from: HeywoodRFloyd on August 27, 2012, 08:45:55 PM
There must be a way to download from IMDB, otherwise how did that user on youtube post it. I'm asking because Youtube compresses the video uploaded, you can see many compression artifacts in the youtube video, so I don't want to download it from there.

I don't know about compression but I download it in 720p and it looks crisp as fuck. And After yahoomovies, IMDB has the crappiest video player ever. But have it your way dude...

There probably is a way to download from IMDB, but I don't know how. There's a software called IMDB RIPPER but I've never tried it, so I don't know ... *shrugs*

HeywoodRFloyd

Actually they both have considerably higher bitrates than Youtube. It's because I have an iMac 27" with 2560x1440 resolution, because of the clarity you can see every little difference from the IMDB version and the Youtube one.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: InTylerWeTrust on August 27, 2012, 09:01:40 PMThere probably is a way to download from IMDB, but I don't know how. There's a software called IMDB RIPPER but I've never tried it, so I don't know ... *shrugs*

I just tried downloading an IMDB trailer with Jaksta. It works.

http://www.jaksta.com/

HeywoodRFloyd

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on August 27, 2012, 09:16:54 PM
Quote from: InTylerWeTrust on August 27, 2012, 09:01:40 PMThere probably is a way to download from IMDB, but I don't know how. There's a software called IMDB RIPPER but I've never tried it, so I don't know ... *shrugs*

I just tried downloading an IMDB trailer with Jaksta. It works.

http://www.jaksta.com/
Thanks a lot Jeremy, it does work, you just solved a huge ongoing problem for me.

Jeremy Blackman

I just deleted three recent posts from this thread, including one of mine. We should stay on-topic here.