Project Greenlight

Started by MacGuffin, June 21, 2003, 09:22:56 AM

Gabe

Gulager might pull a Clark Kent and completely change his tone once he starts directing.
  But if he screws up, I just know he's gonna take a beating from Chris Moore, which would be a little excessive since we already saw the torture he put on himself in that god awful interview. Personally I'm gonna love seeing Gulager work. I'll watch him personify all my insecurities as a Director, then get yelled at by Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, and Wes Craven. And no matter what I can always eat more cheetos in my living room and think how much of a douche Gulager is compared to me.

Any Xaxer's post scripts to Prj. Greenlight?

abuck1220

i think damon and affleck just pushed so hard for the weird guy to piss off the suits. i doubt it really hurts them if the movie sucks, so i just think they pushed for him out of spite after they shamed the spirit of the show.

Gabe

Don't forget to watch tonight :yabbse-wink:

Gamblour.

Wow, am I glad I caught this tonight.

I love Clu Gulager, he was the shit in The Killers and Last Picture Show. But his son is a fucking baby. He's 40 and hasn't learned how to speak to people. The way he wants to use only members of his family is fucking ridiculous. I could not stand watching this fat fucking schmoe.

Weak2ndAct, funny you mention nepotism in that sense. They don't pick him because he's got a connection, but he uses his position and doesn't even work with the casting director, he just tries to get his whole family in. It's puerile and despicable. I hate him.

I feel bad for the writers. Their script might have gotten the budget if Gulager could fucking articulate anything, but now they don't get the budget and the writing has to suffer.

After seeing Pete Jones half-ass his way through directing, and now we get this pathetic oaf, I might just switch majors... (not really).
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Gamblor Ain'tWorthADollarWeak2ndAct, funny you mention nepotism in that sense. They don't pick him because he's got a connection, but he uses his position and doesn't even work with the casting director, he just tries to get his whole family in. It's puerile and despicable. I hate him.

If only he were as passionate with the rest of the film as he his about casting his family. It's only when threats of not casting them arise does he get very defensive and really speak what's on his mind.

Him mugging the camera behind his brother's interview was the most 'active' I seen Gulager.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Quote from: MacGuffin
Him mugging the camera behind his brother's interview was the most 'active' I seen Gulager.

I have to believe they used that clip just to make a bigger ass out of Gulager.
WWPTAD?

modage

yeah this is great.  i want to see the first two seasons now.  except its not as fun if you already know how the movie turns out.  i'll bet even if Feast sucks it will still make its money back if dimension puts enough into the marketing campaign, people will see it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Gamblour.

http://www.weeklyscript.com/Feast%20-%20Early%20Draft.txt

That's an early draft of Feast. Once you get pass the brownie troop opening, you get to the interesting introduction of 20 characters. While reading it, I couldn't help but think that these guys like Altman/PTA.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02i want to see the first two seasons now.  except its not as fun if you already know how the movie turns out.

Actually, it is fun. Definitely check them out. You can't get how the co-directors went on power trips by asking for cars, telling a DP to stop interrupting them, trying to force out the screenwriter, not wanting an editor and firing a boom guy for standing in the wrong spot from seeing the final film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinYou can't get how the co-directors went on power trips by asking for cars, telling a DP to stop interrupting them, trying to force out the screenwriter, not wanting an editor and firing a boom guy for standing in the wrong spot from seeing the final film.
but he can definitely get it from ur post..
under the paving stones.

Gabe

Watch out Tonight its on at 8, not 9.

Thanks, Queer Eyes.

MacGuffin

Brilliant how Chris Moore finally got through to Gullager using the wedding video analogy.

What a hypocrite the casting director is. She complains about Gullager trying to get his friends and family in, then back doors the production by getting her friend cast. Then gloats about getting what she wanted. Witch! I agree that that actress wasn't convincing in her audition.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gamblour.

Yeah though I don't think she was really, they made her out to be an almost complete bitch. She's definitely a hypocrite, though.

I was more impressed that Chris Moore actually calmed down to a level that he could communicate with Gulager. He went from being all bug-eyed to down-to-earth and sensible, even compassionate.

I liked seeing both Gulagers on the set, great moment.
WWPTAD?

Raikus

Wow, a feel good episode from this season? It has been the equivalent of "The Office" with PG this year. Nearly every episode is crinch worthy for a couple of reasons. I was glad to see them finish shooting in a nice, upbeat way. This last episode actually make me a bit interested in seeing the finished film too. But damn is that one actress stuck up. And the whole haircut thing was funny too.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

modage

yeah i hope this movie is actually good.  it will probably make money either way if they dump enough money into marketing it.  but i hope its good.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.