Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

Stefen

Quote from: modage on February 21, 2011, 02:28:53 PMIt's crazy to me that anyone could have anything other than OK Computer at the top.

It's crazy to me that anyone could feel comfortable ordering them in the first place.

On any given day, any one of these could top my list. Especially OKC, Kid A, Bends and Amnesiac. HttT is pretty much a mess as Myxo mentioned, but sometimes I actually feel it's their most accomplished work since it's so big.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pozer

Quote from: Myxo on February 21, 2011, 03:23:19 AM
Quote from: Gold Trumpet on February 21, 2011, 03:20:30 AM
Quote from: Stefen on February 20, 2011, 09:56:49 PM
Music is subjective. Even moreso than film. 

I agree. I listen to music more than anything, but I can't have discussions with other people. It goes nowhere. Years ago, I loved Radiohead, but now OK Computer come off as sonically masterful but stupid and pretentious lyric wise, so I feel I have to move on from the band. Haven't listened to their last few albums.

Don't take too much offense to this GT, but you take yourself far too seriously man.

gt, i cant think of a way to put it without offering offense. you come off as such a dud with comments like that. it wont bother you anyway so, yeah. putting it like that. your loss for giving up on the band, not giving inrainbs a chance  :doh:

and you wanna talk stupid and pretentious, see your avatar.   

Gamblour.

WWPTAD?

Stefen

^
"If you boys wanna be artists, but don't wanna have to worry about your lead singer trying to be all pop star, dancing all up in your videos, come to Death Row."
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Gamblour. on February 21, 2011, 04:23:29 PM

You're welcome.

ugh... every single video that involves dancing is guaranteed to have "All the Single Ladies" dubbed in over it within days of it's Youtube debut.
Are there no other songs that people dance to?

Reel

It's great to see Thom getting himself out there and all, but couldn't they have just hired Zach Galifianakis or something?

Myxo

The King Of Limbs: Conspiracy Theories

Enjoy..

"When ordered through Radiohead's official site for The King Of Limbs, all orders featured an order number that began TKOL1-XXXXXXXX. Many think that the 1 indicates that there will be a TKOL2 or perhaps TKOL3."

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Stefen

There's not a second album. People are trippin'.

Lotus Flower really is a special track. I think it might be my favorite on the album.

Seperator is a great closer, too. It's one of their best closers. Doesn't touch The Tourist or Street Spirit, but I'll take it over everything except maybe Videotape.

Myxo

Quote from: cronopio 2 on February 19, 2011, 02:26:06 PM
Firsts impressions: Listened to it twice. Destroyer's Kaputt is a much much much more interesting album.

Great recommendation on this one BTW. Listened to it tonight. Very interesting album. Bowie (80s influences) + jazz, etc. Good listen..

Pozer

brockly

this is pretty amazing.

suddenly all the talk of another album(s) doesn't seem all that outrageous...

MacGuffin

Radiohead Unveil Physical Edition of New Album
No extra tracks, but a shout out to Drew Barrymore
Source: Pitchfork

Ever since the digital release of Radiohead's new album The King of Limbs came out, there's been speculation that the physical edition would include more songs. But the fan site Radiohead at Ease has got a hold of the standard edition The King of Limbs on CD and vinyl, and it includes the same eight songs that appear on the digital version, with no extra tracks. That regular physical edition comes out March 29 in North America on TBD Records, a day earlier in Europe on XL, and March 25 in other countries on Hostess Entertainment. According to Radiohead at Ease, the CD edition features the CD in a four-page wallet, with eight illustrations and the CD housed in a slit in the side of the packaging. The vinyl edition features all the same art as the CD. You can see images of the packaging at Radiohead at Ease. An extravagantly packaged "Newspaper Edition" of the album is set to drop May 9, though images and contents of that edition have not been revealed yet. Radiohead at Ease also tells us exactly what the album's credits say. Here's the full text, including a shout out to Drew Barrymore. At Ease speculates that the album was recorded at Barrymore's house:

The music and sounds of The King Of Limbs were conjured up by Radiohead and Nigel Godrich. The imagery was summoned up by Zachariah Wildwood and Donald Twain. Engineered and mixed by Nigel Godrich. Additional engineering by Drew Brown. Additional assistance by Darrell Thorp and Bryan Cooke. Flugelhorn on Bloom and Codex performed by Noel Langley and Yazz Ahmed. Strings on Codex performed by The London Telefilmonic Orchestra, led by Levine Andrale and conducted by Robert Ziegler. Mastered by Robert C. Ludwig at Gateway Mastering & DVD. Also thanks to Peter Yozell, and Neil Whitcher. Studio equipment etc., kept going by Plank. Ourselves kept going by Kat and Tim. And our office! A big thank you very much indeed to Drew Barrymore. This one's for new Henry, Zohar and all our little ones. Hello Guys
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

This album still hasn't grown on me.  :yabbse-undecided:

A weak effort by Thom Yorke.  :yabbse-thumbdown:

modage

Quote from: Stefen on March 21, 2011, 04:34:27 PM
This album still hasn't grown on me.  :yabbse-undecided:

A weak effort by Thom Yorke.  :yabbse-thumbdown:

I didn't remember I bought the physical album until this reminded me. That's how quickly I had forgotten about this.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.