The Darjeeling Limited

Started by Fjodor, July 16, 2006, 04:18:42 AM

Pozer

tpfkabi

via Rushmore Academy...

According to Fox Searchlight, The Darjeeling Limited will open September 29, 2007 in New York and starting October 5 in other cities.

who will be the first to remark that this statement is vague........takers?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Stefen

I wonder how Brody fit in with everyone else. It's like being the new kid in school, but you carry popularity baggage from your other school.

In other words, A Kool Kid Kocktail.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Ravi

Quote from: Pubrick on June 25, 2007, 10:45:48 AM
yeah but wes'll do it in style. i'm assuming he's gonna put a permanent red dot in the centre of every shot.

Maybe this time the Indian characters will have actual names, unlike Pagoda.

MacGuffin

The brand new one-sheet for Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited (Fox Searchlight, 9.29). The trailer apparently isn't online yet, but it will be exclusively attached this weekend to two Searchlight pics -- John Carney's Once and Danny Boyle's Sunshine (which opens this weekend).
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

i'm not seeing Mothersbaugh on there anywhere... :ponder:

matt35mm

No, but there's something about Satyajit Ray and Merchant-Ivory.

tpfkabi

Quote from: matt35mm on July 19, 2007, 10:46:09 PM
No, but there's something about Satyajit Ray and Merchant-Ivory.

it's too small for me to make anything out of it.
i wonder why he broke the MM tradition?

MacGuffin

Quote from: bigideas on July 20, 2007, 11:26:50 AMit's too small for me to make anything out of it.

Featuring Music From The Films Of Satyajit Ray and Merchant-Ivory.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

matt35mm

Quote from: MacGuffin on July 20, 2007, 11:57:56 AM
Quote from: bigideas on July 20, 2007, 11:26:50 AMit's too small for me to make anything out of it.

Featuring Music From The Films Of Satyajit Ray and Merchant-Ivory.

Thanks, Mac.

Interesting, though not surprising because Wes Anderson has made it known that he adores Satyajit Ray.

Since Ray wrote the music for most of his movies and wrote a few things for some Merchant-Ivory thing, it's sort of being scored (at least partially) by Satyajit Ray, which is a neat thing.

tpfkabi

and they'll prob be some Indian pop, too...

Ghostboy

Wow, I really liked the look of this trailer (and I'm no apologist -- I didn't like the Life Aquatic trailer at all). Three cheers for Indian stereotypes!

Ravi

Quote from: matt35mm on July 20, 2007, 12:20:59 PM
Since Ray wrote the music for most of his movies and wrote a few things for some Merchant-Ivory thing, it's sort of being scored (at least partially) by Satyajit Ray, which is a neat thing.

Ray composed the music for M-I's film Shakespearewallah.  There is a CD from India called Music of Satyajit Ray that features selections Ray's scores, if you are curious and don't want to wait for the soundtrack of The Darjeeling Limited.

modage

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/thedarjeelinglimited/

HOLY SHIT.

he's using my favorite Kinks songs! 
This Time Tomorrow and Strangers. 
if he is amazing, he will also use A Long Way From Home.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

last days of gerry the elephant

I like it, I like it a lot!

Thanks for the link mod!