X3 - X-Men: The Last Straw

Started by Banky, December 05, 2003, 09:28:31 AM

Banky

Fox negotiates X3!!

You knew this day would come sooner or later and with X2 bringing in record numbers in DVD sales, what better time than the present? I don't think there was any doubt that there would eventually be an X-MEN 3, but this week Bryan Singer and Fox have officially begun negotiations for a third X film. The move follows a separate deal Singer just signed with the studio that would have his production company, Bad Hat Harry, set-up with a two-year development deal at Fox. Now I'm excited and you should be too at the prospect of Singer directing another X-MEN film but before we start going crazy and pulling our hair out, both parties admitted negotiations are still in the early stages. And any deal for a third film will be made more difficult by the fact that the actors were only under contract for ONE sequel. A third film would require new deals for all players, some of whom have seen their stars rise to multi-million dollar levels (Halle Berry, for example, if she would even consider returning, would likely price herself out of the film). But it's just good to know that X3 is in trusted hands and that in all likelihood, Bryan Singer will be back. And if X2 was such a big improvement on X-MEN just think how amazing X3 will be! Danger Room! Sentinels! Beast, Angel, Gambit!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They better have gambit or im boycotting this one

Fuck halley Berry i say that they replace her with an actress that would like to be a part of this franchise.  Heres my vote

Kal

Halle Berry is way overrated...

Gamblour.

Gambit and Beast would be great. I wanna see fucking Mr. Sinister! I say we raise Raul Julia from the grave and have him play Mr. Sinister, I can't think of anyone who would be better.

And Aisha Taylor is neither a) very sexy nor b) very funny. She definitely put the finishing move on Talk Soup. Where has John Henson gone?!?
WWPTAD?

Sleuth

I am really excited about the idea of a third film in the series, but I don't know about adding all of this other stuff in.  It could get really cluttered (though X2 handled that really well, so eh)

I'm also interested in why everyone wants to see Beast...
I like to hug dogs

Gamblour.

Quote from: Slobh

Because he's a fucking badass. If they got anywhere near the cartoon version of Beast, I'd be so happy. Though, now that I think about it, I don't think they could pull it off well, unless they went to Gollum-like measures. Maybe Beast is best left as a cameo by Hank McCoy in X2. Also, I think a third 'blue' character would be a little too much. Oh well. Damn you Slobh for making me think things through.
WWPTAD?

Sleuth

Quote from: Gamblor the Manwhore

Because he's a fucking badass. If they got anywhere near the cartoon version of Beast, I'd be so happy. Though, now that I think about it, I don't think they could pull it off well, unless they went to Gollum-like measures. Maybe Beast is best left as a cameo by Hank McCoy in X2. Also, I think a third 'blue' character would be a little too much. Oh well. Damn you Slobh for making me think things through.

Where are your UCB Theater pics
I like to hug dogs

Banky

yeah if they did beast i best they would opt to cg him which would be lame

Gamblour.

Quote from: Gamblor the Manwhore

Where are your UCB Theater pics

The goddamned guy I went with, I gave him one of the doubles and he scanned every pic except the one with the UCB guys cuz he lost it. No one I know has a scanner, I'll hunt someone down. Do you go to UCB often?

Quote from: Banky
yeah if they did beast i best they would opt to cg him which would be lame

I mean, I have faith in Bryan Singer, but I'm afraid it could turn out Hulkish, that would suck.
WWPTAD?

Sleuth

I've NEVER been to the theater or New York, Gamblor.  But I know a decent amount about that scene there.

Let's talk Beast :x

What do you people want to see him do, really?  Say something smart and then jump away?
I like to hug dogs

Banky

id much rather see gambit

Sleuth

Quote from: Bankyid much rather see gambit

So would I, but I think he's sort of overrated too.  If Gambit ends up in this, I'd like to see him use his ability on other things, and not so much cards.
I like to hug dogs

Finn

The only reason Halley Berry got more screen time in X2 is because she's now more popular. I didn't like either of the X-Men movies, so I probably won't like the third.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

MacGuffin

Producer Lauren-Shuler Donner ("X-Men" 1 & 2) is hard at work on a variety of projects as of late including the Keanu Reeves-led adaptation of "Constantine" and took a little time out of her schedule to talk with DH about what's going on with a third "X-Men" movie.

Are you getting many X3 questions?
Sure, mostly which character would you want to see in X3? [From others] I'm getting Beast, I'm getting Gambit - I have a great idea for Gambit but I can't say what it is.

When do you think it'll start shooting?
Ideally I would love to come out Summer of 2005 which means we'd better get going, but it's going to take a while to make the deals and all that.

What about writers?
Writers we're going to use Dan Harris & Mike Dougherty (the writers for "X2"), and then we're also going to develop a "Wolverine" movie at the same time but it won't come out until after "X3"

Are any of the actors signed on like Anna?
Some of our younger cast are. Shawn [Ashmore, aka. Iceman]...Anna [Paquin] is not. What we did was made everybody two-picture deals, so anybody who was in the first two are not but Shawn is and Colossus and Kitty Pride...

Will Colossus have a bigger role?
We'll see, probably.

Will the Dark Phoenix storyline be used?
We have to, we kind of left that out there so we have to follow that thread along with some other stories.

Ian McKellan told us he's keen on doing X3?
I can't imagine doing it without him or Patrick [Stewart] or any of the main cast...and Halle [Berry]. We have to make sure that she's used well and we have a great great storyline for her, or maybe we do a Storm movie...who knows.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

halle berry needs to stop ruining every movie she's in.

i hope she prices herself out, man she sucked in X2, so much. my eyes were rolling out of their sockets.
under the paving stones.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: Pi hope she prices herself out, man she sucked in X2, so much. my eyes were rolling out of their sockets.

Did you notice how she magically lost her African accent in X2 that she had in X1?