Why, God, why?!? - Films That Should Not Get The Greenlight

Started by MacGuffin, February 07, 2003, 03:31:47 AM

modage

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ronny Yu Helming Snakes on a Plane
Source: The Hollywood Reporter Monday, June 28, 2004

Freddy vs. Jason director Ronny Yu will next helm the thriller Snakes on a Plane for New Line Cinema, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The film centers on a ruthless assassin who unleashes a crate full of lethal snakes aboard a packed passenger jet over the Pacific Ocean in order to eliminate a witness in protective custody. The rookie pilot and frightened passengers must band together to survive.

The John Heffernan and David Loucka script was first set up at MTV Films before making its way to New Line, adds the trade.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: themodernage02HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Ronny Yu Helming Snakes on a Plane
Source: The Hollywood Reporter Monday, June 28, 2004

Freddy vs. Jason director Ronny Yu will next helm the thriller Snakes on a Plane for New Line Cinema, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The film centers on a ruthless assassin who unleashes a crate full of lethal snakes aboard a packed passenger jet over the Pacific Ocean in order to eliminate a witness in protective custody. The rookie pilot and frightened passengers must band together to survive.

The John Heffernan and David Loucka script was first set up at MTV Films before making its way to New Line, adds the trade.

hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1..thats phucking  stupid............

the best part is that this films premise is so phucking dumb even mtv films wont back this up............

modage

oops.  nothing much *whistles and walks to actors forum.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Are you guys siamese twins or something? I know modernage aspires to be mini mac but this is a little much, have some restraint, damn.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Stefen

haha, mac, i need your help. Hook a brutha up with some Carlitos Way: The Beginning news. Jay Hernandez still in as Carlito?!!

MacGuffin

Quote from: Stefenhaha, mac, i need your help. Hook a brutha up with some Carlitos Way: The Beginning news. Jay Hernandez still in as Carlito?!!

Carlito's Way prequel on way
Friday September 24, 2004

We seem to hitting a gangster prequel phase. Following confirmation that Antoine Fuqua is to go back and reveal the early days of Al Capone in The Untouchables: Capone Rising, it looks like Charlie 'Carlito' Brigante is coming back to the silver screen too.

Michael Bregman is to direct Carlito's Way: The Beginning from his own script with Jay Hernandez (Torque) playing the Puerto Rican gangster made famous by Al Pacino in Brian De Palma's 1993 film. The movie will chart Carlito's rise from his early days in Spanish Harlem to the '70s mob scene.

Luis Guzman will reprise his role as Pachanga, the man who finally bumped off Pacino's incarnation of Carlito, in the film.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: MacGuffin"Luis Guzman will reprise his role as Pachanga, the man who finally bumped off Pacino's incarnation of Carlito, in the film."

Didn't John Leguizamo kill Carlito?  I haven't seen the movie in years so I'm kind of hazy.

Weak2ndAct

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

From Variety:

"Spider-Man 2" director Sam Raimi and original producing partners Rob Tapert and Bruce Campbell are reteaming to produce a remake of the cult hit "The Evil Dead" through Ghost House Pictures, the joint venture of Raimi, Tapert and Senator Intl.

Raimi wrote, directed and produced the 1981 "Dead," which tells of five twentysomething friends holed up in a remote cabin who discover a Book of the Dead. When an archaeologist's taped translation of the text and its incantations is replayed, the youths unwittingly summon dormant demons that possess them.

Raimi will not direct the remake, so Ghost House is looking for a helmer to reinvent the franchise before a script is written.

Original pic spawned subsequent installments "Evil Dead II" and "Army of Darkness."

"Dead" will be fully financed by Senator Intl., which will hold worldwide rights to pic. ExecExec VP of motion pictures Nathan Kahane will oversee the pic for Senator.

" 'The Evil Dead' is such a special film to Sam, Rob, Bruce and horror fans that we are going to take great care in renewing this franchise," said Joe Drake, Senator Intl. prexy. "By keeping its original formula intact and given audiences' appetite for horror, we expect that we'll have a real hit on our hands."

Pic follows Ghost House's first horror release, "The Grudge," which has grossed more than $100 million worldwide to date.

Senator and Ghost House are developing a sequel to "Grudge."

Other upcoming pics include "Dibbuk Box" from the Pang brothers; "Scarecrow"; "30 Days of Night," in partnership with Columbia; and "Boogeyman," to be released by Screen Gems in February.

evaderhead

Quote from: sphinxand michael penn is scoring the film, too...
:roll: this way,actually i'm kinda more intersted in it
You'll see me one more time if you do good,
and you'll seeme two more times if you do bad.

Pubrick

Quote from: evaderhead
just so u know, u quoted and responded to sumthing more than a year old. closer to two years old.

just thought i'd mention that, u know, if that kinda thing matters to u.. knowing that ur reply is completely irrelevant.
under the paving stones.

evaderhead

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: evaderhead
just so u know, u quoted and responded to sumthing more than a year old. closer to two years old.

just thought i'd mention that, u know, if that kinda thing matters to u.. knowing that ur reply is completely irrelevant.

:!:
You'll see me one more time if you do good,
and you'll seeme two more times if you do bad.