The Fountain

Started by DavTMcGowan, April 28, 2003, 10:48:01 PM

ElPandaRoyal

Si

FeloniousFunk

RACHEL WEISZ JOINS JACKMAN IN ARONOFSKY'S "THE FOUNTAIN"
Source: HollywoodReporter

Hollywood Reporter reports that Rachel Weisz is set to star opposite Hugh Jackman in the sci-fi pic "The Fountain," which is being written and directed by Darren Aronofsky, who wrote the script with Ari Handel. The Regency Enterprises/Warner Bros. project will start shooting in November.

Much of the story is being kept under wraps, but it is known that it follows one man's journey in the present as well as 500 years into the past and future, while dealing with the themes of love, death and immortality.

Jackman's coming on board in February resuscitated the project, which languished when Brad Pitt left in August 2002 after many delays. Weisz steps into the role that Cate Blanchett was originally going to play when Pitt was involved.

Weisz will next be seen on screen opposite Keanu Reeves in the upcoming comic book based film "Constantine" for Warner Bros.

Pubrick

wow, it's like page 4 all over again.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

this will be the greatest thing ever next to  a new lynch film.
this will kick assand be nominated for 2 oscars but only winning one
this will have the 2nd greaest teaser trailer
the soundtrack will rule and will go gold [sell at least 500,000 copies]
the comentary track on the dvd will be informative.
the US theatrical poster will be purchased by many.
this is easily the most anticipated film in production

after alls said and done it this film will recieved two thumps up and  the hot ticket crew will be split on this.  and it will have a 92% postitive tomato rating.  and everyone will bow down to aronofsky's greatness.

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Pubrick

that's the last shot of the movie.
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

Is Matthew LaBoutique (however it's spelled) shooting this?  That image looks rather plain.  I'm sure there are more... wacky images yet to be seen.

Gamblour.

Quote from: matt35mmIs Matthew LaBoutique (however it's spelled) shooting this?  That image looks rather plain.  I'm sure there are more... wacky images yet to be seen.

Yup he is: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0508732/

Also, don't dis the pic, they can't all look like Jesus. The next fragmented cut goes to a Snorrie cam shot, so no worries.
WWPTAD?

Ghostboy

It's just a dull on-set still. You can tell from the way the vines are arranged on the wall, and the way the light is hitting them from the upper left side of the set that it'll probably look extremely nice in the film.

Moriarty from AICN is visiting the set - he's gonna have a report about it next week, supposedly.

modage

*admin edit: ultimate lesson of the movie spoilers, strange first sentence.

Rachel Weisz on The Fountain

Constantine, opening Friday, is currently filming director Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain with Hugh Jackman.

"It's phenomenal. The most original, incredible screenplay," she says about the film. "It's an original story and Hugh Jackman plays my husband. It's a love story, a great, big ginormous love story. It has a kind of science fiction element to it. We haven't done it, but a little bit of the film is green screen."

Weisz adds that Aronofsky is "like the happiest guy in the world. He spent six years trying to get something made. It's his dream. It's his dream come true, so he's as happy as anyone can be."

In The Fountain, a quest for immortality - via a "tree of life" found in Central America - is attempted in three different centuries, the ultimate lesson being that death, as part of the process of rebirth, is to be embraced, not feared.

Stay tuned for much more from The Fountain set!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

lamas

is ginormous THE hip new word or what?  and the snow in that picture looks fake.

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

kotte

or...

EDIT: I thought I deleted this post...well...

matt35mm

It's really only gonna work if you copy...

http://www.jackmanslanding.com/gallery/film-stage-tv/images/fountain/lookfountain.jpg

... into your browser and go to it, because it's not gonna let you link up to view the image.  At least that's how it is for me.

Gamblour.

Whoa that's one weird photo
WWPTAD?