Movies you're ashamed to admit you HAVE seen

Started by Xixax, January 22, 2003, 05:16:30 PM

cowboykurtis

it pisses me off when people judge a film like home alone based on artistic merit. if you go watch a film like home alone and expect THE GRAND ILLUSION, youre a fucking idiot. when i watch a film, i judge it by it's intentions: if a film is an ACTION film, does it succeed at being an ACTION film? If a film's a family film, does it succeed in being that... home alone is one of the greatest family films, a hell a lot better than many family films made today -- i think it'll go down in history and loved for years to come, just a like A CHRISTMAS STORY. i hate people that go to an action film like THE ROCK and start ripping on micheal bay because he's not BERGMAN. NO HES NOT -- YOURE RIGHT. Hes not trying to change the world. hes trying to make an action film. I feel the THE ROCK is a very entertaining action film, will it change the world? NO -- because that is not it's intention.
...your excuses are your own...

bonanzataz

Kung Pow is the only one i can think of. Stoned out of our minds, the only people in the theater, and we still walked out. it was just that bad.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pedro

Quote from: bonanzatazKung Pow is the only one i can think of. Stoned out of our minds, the only people in the theater, and we still walked out. it was just that bad.
I liked it for the randomness of it all..."this is cnn...this is cnn..." I had NO idea what was going on and i guess that's why i sort of enjoyed it.

Gold Trumpet

I caught 20 minutes of Kung Pow on tv and was surprised. Sure, what I saw was pretty bad, but for a bad movie, it sure was a ballsy thing in just going for it. Usually a bad movie is conformity to death, but this movie was unique in its still bad taste.

~rougerum

budgie

©brad

I said god damn! I dunno about that movie, but she sure looks damn sexy.

budgie

Quote from: cbrad4dI said god damn! I dunno about that movie, but she sure looks damn sexy.

:yabbse-undecided:

Pedro

Quote from: budgie
Quote from: cbrad4dI said god damn! I dunno about that movie, but she sure looks damn sexy.

:yabbse-thumbdown:

Sigur Rós

OK this a warning! And i'm serious! Dont watch this film : Love in Paris

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0119576

I wonder if anybody likes this film!  :?

underdog

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: underdogthe power rangers movies and home alone
peace

home alone is a great film -- dont fuck with it.
i never said home alone one was a bad movie

peace
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

cowboykurtis

Quote from: underdog
Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: underdogthe power rangers movies and home alone
peace

home alone is a great film -- dont fuck with it.
i never said home alone one was a bad movie

peace

the thread is about movies youre ashamed to HAVE seen. you said: home alone. if its not bad, then why would you be ashamed of seeing it. has logic been thrown out the window?
...your excuses are your own...

fulty

Quote from: bonanzatazKung Pow is the only one i can think of.
My daughter rented this and brought it over to watch together.
I'm like, what is this?
So, it starts.
And the baby beats up the mean guys and runs away.
And falls half way down a mountain and comes to rest on a trail.
And the passing stranger picks up the cute little baby and........
dumps him off the other side, so he can continue on his way..!!

Well, I guess I have to be ashamed to admit that this is the hardest I have laughed in years.  I mean, I was peeing my pants for an hour..!!

Weeeeeoooooo weeeeoooo  weeeeee     whaaaaaacccchhhh
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

pixelnixel

Kung Pow is a master piece in the cinematic world.  Why, just the line uttered by the Master himself "I've got some yellow liquid for your popcorn, and it's not butter..." was spectacular.  I've never seen more depth, more meaning, more profoundity than in the: dog/ fart/ dead dog scene.   I was truely amazed in watching this film.....   The pauses, the silence between the dialogue, the close ups, and then retreats, all within the kung-fu imagery were astounding.... This movie was much better than GHOST.
Patience builds the mind of man.  
Maintain balance while you plan.

Pedro

Quote from: pixelnixelThis movie was much better than GHOST.
I'll give you an "Amen" on that one

ratsorizzo

every ron shelton movie to me is a peice of shit and iam ashamed to admit ive seen a few cuz i tryd to givee him a chance to redeem himself
So give me a stage, where this BULL here can RAGE, and though I fight I would much rather recite.....that,s entertainment.....that,s entertainment.