TMNT (new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie)

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, July 20, 2006, 07:32:22 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Trailer here.

Synopsis: Strange events are occurring in New York City, and the Turtles are needed more than ever, but Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo have become lost and direction less. With the city at stake, it's up to Leonardo and Zen Master Splinter to restore unity and ninja discipline to the Turtles.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ghostboy

Wow...talk about warm waves of nostalgia! I loved the Ninja Turtles so much when I was growing up...

I didn't know they were actually making this. That's a pretty great teaser, and I love how the animation blends 2D and 3D so nicely. It may end up sucking, but for now, I love the fact that it exists.

matt35mm

Hell yeah.  I like the look.  There is, at least, nothing yet to suggest that it would be bad, so I'm gonna go ahead and keep my hopes up.

Gamblour.

Goddamn, that was fucking awesome. I think I've heard about this, or maybe some other incarnation, going on for a while now, but this is much better than whatever that was supposed to be.
WWPTAD?

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Gamblour le flambeur on July 20, 2006, 08:36:14 PM
Goddamn, that was fucking awesome. I think I've heard about this, or maybe some other incarnation, going on for a while now, but this is much better than whatever that was supposed to be.
Ditto.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

edison

Writer/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Peter Laird has said that this movie will completely ignore the third film, in which the turtles traveled through time to feudal Japan. Also, the film will be based off of the first film and portions of the second, particularly the origin of the turtles and Splinter, and the death of The Shredder.

Why didn't they do it live action? If it could be done in the late 80's/early 90's and look pretty cool then it should probably be easier and even cooler now. I'm a little turned off by this and until I see some actual movie footage this teaser failed to get me excited.

diggler

Quote from: Lucid on July 21, 2006, 08:29:02 AM
Quote from: edison on July 21, 2006, 12:30:00 AM
Writer/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles co-creator Peter Laird has said that this movie will completely ignore the third film, in which the turtles traveled through time to feudal Japan.

That's good news.

It's almost embarassing how excited I am; my brother and I were beyond obsessed with the movies/show when we were kids.

i think i still have my vhs of secret of the ooze around somewhere.

now for the geek questions:
-will the foot soldiers be robots? or just thugs
-will krang be a character? or does it ditch that whole alternate dimension thing
-will bebop and rocksteady be villains? or will they go the obvious "couldn't get the rights" route with tokka and razar or whatever they were called.

wow, i feel like i'm 9 years old again.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

matt35mm

Since many of you have admitted love for the Turtles, I don't feel so bad for asking this:  Did anybody else paint themselves green or try to make ooze, or something else similar to that?

I don't even remember the painting myself thing.  Oh wait, it was with color markers.  Apparently I waited 'till I was alone in the house and then started coloring my whole arm.  I probably would have gotten further if they didn't stop me.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: matt35mm on July 21, 2006, 05:03:03 PM
It was with color markers.  Apparently I waited 'till I was alone in the house and then started coloring my whole arm.  I probably would have gotten further if they didn't stop me.
Phew, I thought I was the only one.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

elpablo

Am I completely forgetting any other movies here, or is this the first CG movie I know of that's not bright, colorful, and shiny (i.e. pixar and other kid's movies)?

If so, I'm excited.

Ravi

Quote from: elpablo on July 22, 2006, 02:08:30 AM
Am I completely forgetting any other movies here, or is this the first CG movie I know of that's not bright, colorful, and shiny (i.e. pixar and other kid's movies)?

The Final Fantasy films.

Rudie Obias

that trailer was great!!!!   :bravo:  so excited!!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

damn this is cool... I want to see Splinter!

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Walrus on July 20, 2006, 07:32:22 PM
Synopsis: Strange events are occurring in New York City, and the Turtles are needed more than ever, but Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo have become lost and direction less. With the city at stake, it's up to Leonardo and Zen Master Splinter to restore unity and ninja discipline to the Turtles.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.