Final Questions for PTA Q & A

Started by depooter, November 09, 2003, 07:18:07 PM

depooter

Here they are. Remember this was supposed to be a brief email Q & A. I tried to sneak a few extras in there. No crying if you're question wasn't picked :)

1. Let's talk about Couch. Was it shot on 16mm?  Furthermore, was it shot on a Bolex?  Tell me about the location? Lots of people have been asking.

2. The "Solar Flares" or "Lens Flares" in PDL appear at remarkably timed moments throughout the film. Were all these intentional down to the specific moment? Please explain.

3. Finish these sentences...:

You might be surprised to learn that I can...

One thing I can't live without is... (refrain from saying movies, music, television, etc.)

I don't get it. They can put a man on the moon, but they can't...

I'm not obsessive-compusive, but I always have to...

Besides "A warm gun," Happiness is...

My favorite meal is...

4. What's going on with the largo/jon brion collaborations? i see largo the site still has a spot reserved for pta movies coming soon...???

5. Name a recent film that you thought was amazing, and why do you consider it that way.

6. Andy Serkis has expressed a strong interest in working with you. What did you think of his work on the character Gollum in Lord of the Rings, and what are your feelings about the effect that computer generated special effects are having on cinema?

7. How many drafts do you usually write for each screenplay?

8. Lot of people stand by the theory that Lena was an alien from outer space based on a few things you said and all the lunar footage shown on TV. Thoughts?

9. You've mentioned that you've been working on an adventure type film for awhile. Can you give us a bit more info? Any timelines on when you might finish up and begin filming?

10. Tell me about your relationship with Quentin. How did you meet? Do you spend much time together. Talk about your trip to the Kill Bill set and your thoughts on the film?

11. Have you seen the new DVD collection of short films and music videos by Spike Jonze,Chris Cunningham and Michel Gondry. Any chance in hell you'd collect your stuff?

11. How about some new DVD Picks.

aclockworkjj

weak, weak, weak....all I have to say....very typical and nothing more.

I am disappointed.

SHAFTR

ughh man, an answer to my question would have made my prof giddy and increased my chances at a good grade on that paper.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

©brad

u guys don't know what ur talking about, those questions r excellent! don't change a thing gregster.

stupid unappreciative fanboys.

coffeebeetle

Eh, they were okay.  I'm looking forward to him answering the sublist of questions (i.e. Happiness is a..., etc.)

Kinda bummed my Fiona question wasn't included though...
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Alethia

Alethia

Quote from: depooter

My favorite meal is...

waitaminute, at least one of mine was combined!

depooter

Quote from: aclockworkjjweak, weak, weak....all I have to say....very typical and nothing more.

I am disappointed.

I'm hurt.....c'mon....most if not all would NEVER be asked by typical newsprint or any media....

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: depooterI'm hurt.....c'mon....most if not all would NEVER be asked by typical newsprint or any media....

Ignore them all. Those are really good choices.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: depooterI'm hurt.....
don't be hurt...just my opinion...

Alethia

SoNowThen

I do wish we could have asked jj's question about his financial situation around the time of PAing and pre-Hard Eight stuff...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

ono

You forgot to ask him POINT BLANK what his next project is going to be.  I think that's more important than anything.  What if his next is not an adventure film?  He said a while back he wanted to do something along the lines of Baraka (in that radio interview).  He also said he wanted to try to get rid of dialogue more and more, and/or perhaps someday do a musical.

Find Your Magali

My two cents: Nice set of questions. I look forward to the answers.

cine

I agree with SoNowThen and Ono on those questions. But all in all, my questions were boring and the ones lined up for him are good.