official Fiona Apple thread

Started by neatahwanta, November 29, 2003, 05:24:09 PM

Finn

I've liked a couple of Fionna Apple's songs, but I don't think she's that great otherwise.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

mogwai

Quote from: themodernage02she lives in LA but doesnt drive, rarely works the nightlife circuit, owns a TV that she claims gets no channels, and doesnt listen to the radio.
it sounds sad doesn't it? it makes her look like claudia in magnolia, not including the coke of course.

Stefen

apparently her new album has been shelved cause sony couldn't find a "SINGLE" anyone heard about this or have anymore info?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pubrick

from fionahaswings.com:

Fiona Apple's new album, Extraordinary Machine, has been shelved by Sony, according to a recent Rolling Stone interview with Jon Brion, her producer. Supposedly, Sony cannot find a single and is unsure how to promote the record. There is no word yet on how long this will take.

relevant quote from the article:

Quote from: Rolling Stone articleSony has yet to find the magic song on Brion's latest production, Apple's new record. The album has been finished for months but sits on the shelves at the label as, Brion says, execs search for a single.

"It's a done record," he says. "They'll take whatever amount of time they'll take deciding how to promote it. And who knows? Those things are a black hole."
under the paving stones.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

modage

she could atleast have the courtesy to leak it online to all the fans to get riled up about.  sheesh.  :roll:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pedro

Ghostboy

Stefen

Pedro is like that girl you are trying to pick up on all night long. And shes giving you vibes and lets you put your hands in her pants then when you invite her to your grandmas place shes like "i'm kinda tired" all of a sudden. A tease.

picolas

i heard it. wish i had d/l'd it. it was really good. reminds me of that startup screen music for that short lived email lancing game i once tried to play.

Pedro

im sharing it on Soulseek  im Pedro the Wombat just like (almost) everywhere else.

in case you dont want the slsk trouble:
http://www.angelfire.com/folk/fionamachine/

Myxo

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Pedrohttp://www.angelfire.com/folk/fionamachine/
Awkward lyrics and trite metaphors.  :yabbse-sad:  But musically courageous.

Ghostboy

I didn't notice any awkward lyrics or metaphors, but that's probably because I was so bowled over by the construction of that song. It's ...um...extraordinary. I love music that isn't predictable...where I can't wrap my head around it instantly, or go pick it out on the piano after one listen. There's a lot of genius in this.

Just when my anticipation had waned...this comes along.

Pubrick

it's nice, paper-baggish.

not awkward at all, jb is trippin.
under the paving stones.