I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Cronenberg's Fast Company, 2 disc version.  Only bought it because Stereo and Crimes of the Future are on the second disc.
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

hedwig

great choices pubrick.. kind of a shitty arrangement though.

Pubrick

i should've known you'd have something to say about it
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Today was "why the hell don't I already own that movie?" day.

My house, my rules, my coffee

McfLy

Quote from: polkablues on July 20, 2006, 04:45:04 PM
Ferris Bueller's Day Off: Bueller... Bueller... Edtn.
John Hughes commentary wasn't added to this release, if your interested, the previous dvd release of Ferris Bueller's Day Off has it.

I also just bought this.

polkablues

Quote from: McfLy on July 20, 2006, 05:21:53 PM
Quote from: polkablues on July 20, 2006, 04:45:04 PM
Ferris Bueller's Day Off: Bueller... Bueller... Edtn.
John Hughes commentary wasn't added to this release, if your interested, the previous dvd release of Ferris Bueller's Day Off has it.

That actually pisses me off a little... I might return it and look for the other edition then.  But I assume that some of the features on the "Bueller... Bueller... Edition" aren't on the older one?
My house, my rules, my coffee

McfLy

Quote from: polkablues on July 20, 2006, 05:28:56 PM
That actually pisses me off a little... I might return it and look for the other edition then.  But I assume that some of the features on the "Bueller... Bueller... Edition" aren't on the older one?

Exactly, all the features on the one you bought are all new and exclusive to that release. I own both the old release for Hughes' commentary and new release for the features. I'm sure you can find the old one for $10 or cheaper.

Pubrick

Quote from: flagpolespecial on July 22, 2006, 06:48:02 PM
Pubrick. did you really buy that edition of lost highway or did you get http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/785558 ?
i bought the shit one cos i'm an idiot, i went ebay crazy. :yabbse-embarassed: but i'm really proud of the rest. ESPECIALLY the arrangement. :yabbse-cheesy:
under the paving stones.

McfLy

Rudie Obias

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Ghostboy

I happened into some money the other day, so I splurged and bought more DVDs than I have in the past five years combined. All things I've seen and been meaning to own for years.

Ah, what the hell, I'm too lazy to link to images.

The Ingmar Bergman Collection
Naked (Criterion)
Scenes From a Marriage (Criterion)
Peter Greenway: The Early Films boxset
A Zed And Two Noughts
The Brown Bunny
Gerry
Last Days
Elephant

Next up, next time I have some cash: every Robert Altman movie currently in release.

McfLy

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Three Colors Trilogy
Days of Heaven
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick