MI:3

Started by ©brad, January 10, 2003, 05:40:27 PM

Kal

That sucks... I was looking forward to see Scarlet in this...

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinFriedman says, "I am told that Cruise actually assembled a trailer for it, including credits, voiceovers and clips that he screened for friends as a way to bolster his ego. Trailers are made after a film is completed, not before it's even been shot."
i cannot believe the cruise would do this.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

metroshane

Yes, Cruise needs a trailer to bolster his ego.  Like it or not, he is Hollywood.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

Raikus

Your mission, Ethan, if you choose to accept it, is to stop the world's supply of cocaine from passing through Lindsay Lohan's nose...

An Impossible Mission for Lindsay Lohan?
Source: Access Hollywood
May 17, 2005

Herbie: Fully Loaded star Lindsay Lohan reportedly let slip to LA's 102.7 KIIS-FM this weekend that she has a role in director J.J. Abrams' Mission: Impossible 3.

Access Hollywood caught up with Lohan to get an update on the possible role. "I actually met with J.J. Abrams, who is directing (the film)," said Lohan. "I'm a huge fan of.. 'Lost' and 'Alias', so hopefully, we will see what happens. If so, I'll be in training for a few weeks, putting on some muscles."

Regarding how it would feel to work alongside superstar Tom Cruise, the actress said, "It's kind of an incredible feeling, I'm scared. If I do 'Mission: Impossible 3' that is going to be so exhilarating. I'm so excited, I just can't wait to do stunts and get all into it."

Paramount Pictures is targeting a summer 2006 release for the third
installment.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

modage

the age difference (if she's a romantic interest) makes katie holmes seem as old as nicole kidman!
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Felicity Starlet Might Join M:I-3 Team
Director wants her on board.
Source: IGN.FilmForce

Mission: Impossible 3 looks to be adding more female talent to its cast. While it appears that young Lindsay Lohan (Herby: Fully Loaded) is counting on a part in the new spy actioner, director J.J. Abrams recently told TV Guide that he'd like to get actress Keri Russell involved as well – perhaps in place of Lohan.

"There is a role that I think Keri would be spectacular for, but there's a process I must go through [before I cast her]." TV Guide seems to think that the "process" might involve ditching Lohan. Abrams' own words are less suggestive, so there could be room for both up-and-coming starlets.

The connection between Keri Russell and Abrams goes back to Felicity, the college drama TV series that Abrams created, and in which Russell starred. The 29-year-old actress also appeared alongside Mel Gibson in the recent war film We Were Soldiers.

The new Mission: Impossible film won't be shooting until the fall, so there's plenty of time for Abrams to finalize his talent roster.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: MacGuffinperhaps in place of Lohan.
they can't shoot her in the state she's in.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Monaghan's 'Mission' is to attract Cruise
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Michelle Monaghan is the first of the new cast to sign on to Paramount Pictures and C/W Prods.' "Mission: Impossible 3."

Scarlett Johansson, Carrie-Anne Moss and Kenneth Branagh had been cast in the Tom Cruise vehicle, but the project's numerous delays led to them dropping out. Ving Rhames, who appeared in the previous "Mission: Impossible" films, remains in the cast.

Details of the plot are being kept under wraps, though Monaghan has been confirmed as Cruise's love interest.

J.J. Abrams is directing from a script by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.

Monaghan, repped by Endeavor, appears in the upcoming features "Syriana" and the untitled Niki Caro project as well as in "Mr. and Mrs. Smith." She is one of the stars of Shane Black's "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang."

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

angry liv tyler.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Rhys Meyers on the force for 'Mission'

Jonathan Rhys Meyers is the latest to join the cast of Paramount Pictures and C/W Prods.' "Mission: Impossible 3."

This week, Michelle Monaghan joined the cast, which is being retooled after the production suffered delays. Tom Cruise returns as agent Ethan Hunt. Ving Rhames also returns.

Rhys Meyers will play a member of Cruise's Impossible Missions Force.

J.J. Abrams is directing from a script by Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.

Rhys Meyers is coming off Woody Allen's "Match Point," which gained considerable acclaim this month at the Festival de Cannes. The movie's sale is imminent. Rhys Meyers also received praise for starring as Elvis in CBS' "Elvis" miniseries. His credits include "Bend It Like Beckham" and "Velvet Goldmine."

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Cruise's New Mission in Jeopardy
Is Tom's religion to blame?

On the face of things, Mission: Impossible III seems like a sure bet. Actors have been signed, filming dates have been arranged, money has been spent, and Tom Cruise is enthusiastic. But if we're to believe The New York Times, not all is well with the production; in fact, the broadsheet claims that Paramount chairman Brad Grey is thinking about pulling the plug on the third installment of the highly successful spy series.

The reasoning behind this possibility rests on Tom Cruise's behavior in his most recent media appearances. The popular actor, who is both producing and starring in M:I-3, has been busy promoting another upcoming blockbuster of his, the Spielberg-directed War of the Worlds. However, executives have reportedly been unimpressed with the extent to which Cruise has been publicizing both his romance with Katie Holmes and his adherence to Scientology. In fact, Ms. Holmes was the dominant topic of conversation in Cruise's recent appearance on Oprah.

One DreamWorks spokesman has reportedly said that Cruise's personal publicity could be drawing some attention away from the movie, which opens on June 27th. On the other hand, Paramount and DreamWorks have toned down the promotional press junket for War of the Worlds, saying that the film has gotten enough press already.

As far as Cruise's religion goes, his outspokenness regarding Scientology could be making the studios nervous. The conflict was evident during the filming of War of the Worlds, as Cruise insisted on having a Scientology tent on the set in spite of Universal's rules against on-set solicitation.

So Cruise's antics and religion may make good fodder for tabloids and gossip columnists... But does it really make sense to halt a high-profile, expensive movie production just because your star is getting too much attention? Especially when it's a sequel to a movie that put 100 million bucks in the studio's coffers.

What's more, Mission: Impossible III is a joint effort between Steven Spielberg's DreamWorks and Paramount, just like War of the Worlds. Is Tom Cruise's buddy Steven really going to let the studio ditch Tom's project this close to the start date?

At any rate, if War of the Worlds posts big audience numbers four weeks from now like it's expected to, is there any way the studios can say no to M:I-3? That's a mission you don't want to turn down.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

'M:I-3' on Cruise control

Paramount Pictures said Tuesday that it will begin principal photography on "Mission: Impossible 3," starring Tom Cruise, on July 18 in Italy. The announcement was made by Paramount Pictures chairman and CEO Brad Grey. In recent weeks, several press reports speculated that the film might not be given a green light even though casting was under way because of concerns over its budget as well as intense media coverage of Cruise's public romance with Katie Holmes, which some reports contended was damaging his standing as an A-list star.

Skeleton FilmWorks

sickfins

phil hoffman.  signed on.  villain.
cruise vs. hoffman

MacGuffin

Quote from: sickfinsphil hoffman.  signed on.  villain.
cruise vs. hoffman

He's been signed on since Page 4.

Skeleton FilmWorks

sickfins

Quote from: MacGuffinHe's been signed on since Page 4.

:yabbse-sad: